kidney and butt plate - which to trim?

Apparently I am too skinny or not 'large' enough to be a trooper lol - either I take about an inch off the butt plate (on top) or I will have to take an inch off on the bottom of the kidney plate...

also I have a question in regards to the kidney - is there an easy way to tell which way is UP?

should the side 'flare' point towards the bottom or towards the top?

You're not too skinny or short to be a trooper. There have been lots of people who take more than an inch off of parts for it to look proportionally correct on them. Don't worry about it. :duim: I'm a toothpick and my TK looks fine on me. It's all about sizing the parts correctly to fit YOU. If you need to take an inch off, I'd say trim half an inch off of both.

The curve on the kidney plate should match that of your back anatomy. Posting a picture (side view/back view) might help us confirm which is up or down. On some kits the kidney and butt are one piece, but if yours came seperated, there's sometimes a return edge on the kidney and that part is the top. You can also check the "Reference Gallery" link at the top of this forum and compare your kidney plate to that in the films.