SDS props battle spec trooper helmet

Sponge1981

Hi Rob. I wouldn't go with an SDS. There are far better helmet's available for less money. Although I don't know how much the one is that you are thinking of getting, but if it's as much as they usualy go for then IMHO it's too much. I can't say how well it would go with RT or AM though. I got an SDS before I found FISD and the the battlespec is a decent enough lid but when compared with other makers you can see the difference. I had to take mine apart and rebuild it. There are some folks that have done upgrades on theirs and they look very nice but I would go for a different make.

There are members here that know more than me about all the different makes and I'm sure they will post soon. Give the getting started area a good read http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/index.php?showforum=38

There are also loads of threads about helmet building that will help you in every aspect of a build. Fully built helmets also come up for sale here if that is the route you would prefer to go but building your own is not as hard as you might think. Especially with all the help available from all the great members here :)

• 1 year later...

Hi mate it might sound silly but if you got a big head just get a RTmod there a great looking lid but I find mine just a little bit on the large side so think I might be looking into a TM lid the 2mm if he is still making them but my RT looks the nuts..