Memorex Wireless placement...where is yours?

I have the Akers, ICom and Memorex wireless mic.

However I could never get the wireless to perform properly, it would always cut out. It was driving me crazy, so much so I decided not to use the wireless. But then I couldn’t deal with the cable, so I took another look at it, figuring it is just placement. After some tinkering, I got it to work perfectly. Now it doesn’t drop out at all!

I have heard of other placing the transmitter in the very top of their helmet and the receiver in their back plate. So my question is for those that are successfully using the wireless how you have yours installed. Pictures would be awesome as I know there are many who own one but have not installed it due to the same frustrations I ran into.

----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

Glad you are working on this. I have the amp and icomm, but have hesitated in buying a wireless mic because of all the problems I hear about. You say your setup works, I may have to give it a shot. I did notice that the mic unit has to sit low in the back of the helmet to work, does this affect the comfert of the helmet and is it visable from the outside?

This specific placement doesn't effect comfort at all and offers great reception. I don't even notice it is there. If one has a smaller head than I do, you can place it higher. I have a long neck, so it is the best for me. It is still inside the helmet, so can't really be seen, gets lost in the blackness of the helmet. For someone shorter than you they might see the red light, but you can always cover that up if you wish. I find it a nice added element.

Edited by Sparrow