Shins

On 6/8/2011 at 10:37 PM, Skater said:

Are shins, before the knee plate and box a mirror image of each other? I know the forearms and bicep are not. Just wondering

Skater

No, there are some slight differences.

What type of armor are you building?

Here is an image from Stukatrooper for the AP shins and how to tell them apart. 

I think most other kits also are similar, just depends on if they are marked or not. You can always post photos and we can help you out!!

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2020

Building an ATA and with my luck I did it wrong. I made it so the sharper angle at the top is on the inside of each leg. I have a feeling that the tops should match on each side, one leg has the sharp angle one leg has the less sharp angle

Andy

On 6/9/2011 at 12:18 AM, Skater said:

Building an ATA and with my luck I did it wrong. I made it so the sharper angle at the top is on the inside of each leg. I have a feeling that the tops should match on each side, one leg has the sharp angle one leg has the less sharp angle

Andy

Do you have a picture? That would help a bunch. I know the ATA kit is marked which is which, but stuff happens to us all man!!

You can tell if you matched the shin pieces correctly because the outer piece should be longer at the ankle than the inner piece. This way it overlaps the outside of the boot further down the ankle bone. If the ankles are even chances are you have them incorrectly matched.

Also, what glue did you use? If you used E-6000 you can peel it apart fairly easily using a thin blade. If you used plastic weld you can probably still get it apart.

Here is a couple images of my ATA shins i built...hope they help

EtXJ9l.jpg