Comm Cover Coloring

I have a question for everybody. The paintjob that I did on my comm covers is not bad . . . I think. Anyway, I was talking to the GML here in Utah, and he mentioned that somebody said I could use 1/16" pinstriping to outline it. The gray isn't a problem. It's just the outline. Here is the link to see it. Sorry, I can't figure out how to insert the photos. So you can see that I need to clean it up a little. I was wondering if it is possible to use a black Sharpie to do it. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

You can get the pin striping tape at any auto supplier. I used it on mine.

I am sure a sharpie could work, but I would be concerned that it would not cover to well and you would need to make multiple passes to get the coverage you need.

I have seen others paint the black on first and then cover with gray.

-Eric

You can get the pin striping tape at any auto supplier. I used it on mine.

I am sure a sharpie could work, but I would be concerned that it would not cover to well and you would need to make multiple passes to get the coverage you need.

I have seen others paint the black on first and then cover with gray.

-Eric

I wouldn't be too concerned if I had to do more than one pass. I'm basically just looking for a way to sharpen the line up a little. Thanks for the tip!

Use a fine tip paint pen if you have to. Don't use a Sharpie, it will not be a very opaque line and the color of the black has a weird sheen to it.

I would still paint the whole thing black, then do the grey. Much easier to maintain a sharp consistent line that way.

=====

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2020