Repainting...

Ok so here's the deal. I actually have a buddy that has TX armor that he was building and never finished, and asked me if i wanted it minus the helmet. I dont really care for the shadow trooper look and almost said no, but then had the crazy idea: What if i repaint it white? I'm rather skeptical of it but it could work. What do you guys think? :huh:

This may be considered blasphemy :P

If any doubt i may just take it, finish it, and try and trade it for some white armor.

Is it black plastic or is it plastic painted black? Some light sanding, primer and paint would probably work to turn it white if it's black ABS. But if it's been painted black it'll need more work.

I think I'm just gonna try it out. Most the the hard parts have already been trimmed and fitted. All I have to really do is trim the chest and back to fit better and it should be set minus the paint, I'm not even going to mess with the helmet since i already have an ANH helmet. I'll test out some of the smaller parts and see how it looks before i move on to any major pieces.

I say paint it! You don't need to sand anything unless there are rough edges. Just use a white primer to cover the black and prep the paint for adhesion. Seal it with the clear coat and you'll be good to go.