External pick up mic and speakers?

Hey troopers

I've seen quite a bit on output audio: mics/voice changers/static burst devices, and so on. But what about units that pick up audio from outside your bucket? I have found some motorcycle helmet speakers but I have yet to find any sort of mic that could be attached to either the bucket or somewhere else on the armor to pick up the sweet laughter of the little children and/or the cute girls giving you their phone numbers B)

Any thoughts/advice?

Check with some movie guys. They have the same problem of getting a good signal chain when using a condenser microphone to convert to line level + phantom powering.

-------------seems to be what you're looking for. Too large for helmet mounting though.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

One of our troopers has a microphone hidden up his sleeve (ie. his vambrace), so that he can hear what the kids on ground level are saying. I seem to remember someone mentioning that he got it from a Secret Agent type playset for kids, bought at a toy store.

Edited by TK6237