Bill.I...AM build[*AM]

One of my many test fits in my new AM kit, MR lid and with some accessories. I have done lots of adjusting so far and it feels and moves great now. It was a lot of work since I am around 5'6" tall. Many thanks to Panda for his AM build thread that made this sooo much easier. The holster I made and have a removeable elastic to keep it from flapping around when the blaster is in it. These are the first pics of me in the armor.

100_1596.jpg

100_1595.jpg

100_1598.jpg

100_1404.jpg

More pics coming soon.

Edited by Bill.I.Am

Hey Bill, looking pretty good so far! Are you going for HWT with the pauldron?

The only thing thats is a little off for me is the shape of the cut on the bottom of the chest. I know it's tough because we're both "shorter" troopers, but the cut seems a bit too "scoopy" - that's the only way i can describe it.

The AM chest also isn't round as the screen accurate armor. It's very flat in the chest / pectoral area, so it tends to pop out in the bottom like in your pictures. I would suggest using elastic straps connecting the side of the back, going to the sides of the chest, to keep it closer to the ab plate. I hope one day that AM will consider updating their chest and back armor forming bucks / molds.

I would also suggest putting a little foam padding inside the upper part of the shoulder bells to raise them a little, and trim a bit from the bottom of the bells. they are quite long compared to the other armor makes.

*BTW: I would embrace the floppyness of the hoslter. That's what being a TK is all about! :)

One more thing - your eyes are visible from the outside. Kind of takes away from the appearance. I'd pick up and install some dark lenses or lens material - TK4510 sells them at his trooper supply webstore. :)

My thought exactly on the shoulder bells and adding a strap for the chest peice Terry. As I adjust over time I am thinking of trimming away the excess too from the chest. The flash is what probably helps to show my eyes since it is a very bright light source pointed directly at the helmet and eleminates the shadowing inside the lid.

A friend gave me the pauldron so I am thinking of going HWT. I like the detailing it adds.