armor for someone small

Guest jedislayer5000

Guest jedislayer5000

im brand new to this and am wondering which kit, if there is any that i can buy that doesnt have to be assembled and is acceptable for the 501st? i have been reading some and have seen that the fx and another forgot the name need to be modified for someone who isnt big.... i am 5'10", 125 LBs, and waist size is 27 (30 hips). im 18 so dont have a huge budget but am also not interested in anything "cheap"... i suppose i could assemble the kit myself if i could find one that would fit me for under $ 800.00 canadian

Guest jedislayer5000

also forgot to add im looking at some armor on ebay by a guy named makerofthings! now i remember reading somewhere he uses cheap material and his isnt very good, but im a complete noobie and have no clue but this grabbed my attention since it looks good and is in my price range EBAY

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

On 10/21/2010 at 3:11 PM, jedislayer5000 said:

also forgot to add im looking at some armor on ebay by a guy named makerofthings! now i remember reading somewhere he uses cheap material and his isnt very good, but im a complete noobie and have no clue but this grabbed my attention since it looks good and is in my price range 

Do not buy from makerofthings. There are alot of resources here that with a little bit of research you will find a wealth of knowledge and the right path to getting the right armor you need. By the looks of things from your other thread you have already been given some good starting points so i wont repeat what they have already stated lol.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Guest jedislayer5000

Do not buy from makerofthings. There are alot of resources here that with a little bit of research you will find a wealth of knowledge and the right path to getting the right armor you need. By the looks of things from your other thread you have already been given some good starting points so i wont repeat what they have already stated lol.

thanks for the advice, i knew there was probably a reason this guy sells whole suits for only 300 dollars lol, i was actually considering buying a suit from star fortress productions until i read the horrible reviews and actual photos from that stuff lol... i guess what im really asking is are there any websites where i can browse the armor people are selling because googling isnt working lol

The absolute best website to look at all the armor makes is the one you're on now! :)

Read these threads

Getting Started

After you have familiarized yourself with the terminology, armor makers and finding ones that suit your needs, then browse through the armor threads. Pretty much every make of armor has been built by people of various sizes. These builds will give you a good idea of what each type is like, and how people built them. You need to invest some time and research your needs and what suits you. Don't rush out and buy the first thing you see.

Kits generally come unassembled.

Some makes that are in your price range are AM, ATA, and on the higher end TE2, and AP. Theres lots of build threads on those.

You are the right height for a TK. You might be a bit slim, but thats easy to deal with. You have a budget in mind for the armor, but have you budgeted for everything else you will need?

Eg.

Helmet acessories like a fan or mic amp

neckseal

undersuit

gloves

belt

holster

blaster

boots

tools and parts for assembly like elastic, snaps, glue, etc

this will all add at least a few hundred dollars on top of your armor total. Just several things to keep in mind and plan for.

I dont know if someone has already mentioned, but stay away from Ebay. You can find all the legit makers on Fisd.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Guest jedislayer5000
On 10/21/2010 at 10:00 PM, pandatrooper said:

---------

heh ya i have quickly learned that this site is the best for finding armor and all your armor needs! i have taken into consideration the helmet as the main thing but not the other things you mentioned for accessories and assembly, which i will have to do lol... now the helmet what i was wondering is the efx LIMITED edition, not the new episode V collectors, the ANH Hero one, is that considered acceptable for 501st standards, and does anyone know if it is idealized or screen accurate?

thanks so much again for your help and resources panda :) and yes i have been told multiple times to stop looking on ebay, its so tempting! haha

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed