Herbivore's ATA build[*ATA]

Hello all, new trooper to be from NC. I am going for ANH stunt look. I'm starting with an ATA lid and I am in need of suggestions or tips. I'm using TK-4510's videos and threads as a reference, but I'm sure to have a lot of questions. Here is what I have accomplished so far:

The kit it's self:

100_0816.jpg?t=1283720055

I've cut out the eyes, will continue to sand and smooth them:

100_0822.jpg?t=1283720116

Eyes and teeth cut out:

100_0824.jpg?t=1283720153

Any tips or suggestions along the way will be greatly appreciated. I will have a lot of questions for tomorrow when I plan on trimming the can n' back, as well as the faceplate. Thanks in advance!

Edited by Herbivore

another ATA in the rankslaugh.gif

Im working on my ATA kit as well. One thing I can see your "right" eye isn't even with your "left". You made need to sand that down just a bit. Frown looks good too. I too used TK 4510's video to build my helmet. Just follow what he has done.

Ok, I'm ready to start trimming on the cap and faceplate. I assume that I start with trimming the "rough" edges, but I'm not exactly sure how much more to do past that. In my pictures you can see a faint pencil line. I know on the bottom that I should only do the rough part, but what about the rest?

100_0825-Copy.jpg?t=1283786245

100_0826-Copy.jpg?t=1283786479

100_0825-Copy.jpg?t=1283786522

100_0827-Copy.jpg?t=1283786734

Edited by Herbivore

Matt,

I am getting ready to do the same thing soon. I think "less is more" when putting the bucket together and I would look at Mike's video and trim conservatively...you can always nibble a little off......

I also have seen mentioned leaving the face plate sides long......this may have been for a TI bucket, but I suspect that it is true for this too.

Also, I was looking at screencaps and historical photos and the ton of info on SW helmets.....the right eye did have a slight asymmetrical bump on the lower "lid"...isn't that accurate? It is formed into the faceplate from what Isee....so I assume the above comment was about the trimming and not that bump.

Mike's videos ROCK! Thanks, brother!

Hope to see you troopin' soon.

J.

Ditto on what the other good troopers have said. Trim a little at a time. Take too much off, and you can't replace it. Make sure to leave extra wiggle room on the ears. There is a little bit of a bump, some prefer it...others don't. The movie lids were so asymmetrical! Teeth look good man :D I would trim where have the pencil marked. I would also recommend using his decals as well, Humbrol paints, and the s necktrim too.