Temporary boots

Well, I am working my way towards EIB with my build, and I have contacted TK boots but they are on backorder for 7 months. What is a cheap 501st passable boot that I can use in the meantime? I don't want boots to keep me from trooping for a month and a half!

Well, I am working my way towards EIB with my build, and I have contacted TK boots but they are on backorder for 7 months. What is a cheap 501st passable boot that I can use in the meantime? I don't want boots to keep me from trooping for a month and a half!

Caboots is pretty much the only other choice, but they cost as much or more than TK boots. The other option is to find riding / jodhpur boots and dye or paint them. Thats what they did in the films.

what size do you wear? several TK boots on Ebay, just yesterday. may have been large size only.

search for a used pair of Chelsea or Jodhpur boots. paint them white... also works, but not as good as TKboots, IMO. but would get you by.

Iv never owned CAboots, so cant comment there.

If these are TK boots:

--------

They are all too big, I need 10s... if anyone knows where I can get some please please let me know, I would love you forever.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Guess I'll just copy and paste from the other thread looking for boots. Incidentally, I'd much rather go this way than CABoots!!

If you want to get something before TKBoots are back in stock that is comfortable, very accurate, but a little more upkeep, go the painted jodhpur route. Get these in black:

---------

You'll want to use masking tape to tape off the soles before spraying. Will take about three coats and you may want to consider using white shoe polish on the elastic. But they'll look great in the end and be very comfortable. Keep the extra spray on hand to touch up after a few troops, since they will scuff.

I have both these and the TK Boots and I tend to alternate which I wear. Love my jodhpurs, though! You may decide to make these your only boots and just stock up on spray! :D

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed