A few last questions.

OK.

So first of all with 15mm of coverstrip on the forearms I have plenty of room for my arm... BUT I have large hands! I have cut off almost all of the return edge to where its almost non existent. How the hell did they get gloves on? esp since they had the thick rubber handplates. Did they just cram them down in the armor after it was on? I'm thinking of doing just overlapping velcro for everything but the biceps and maybe thighs... But wish I could get the forearms a bit tighter (still leaving wiggle room) on my arm yet still get my hand through! Ideas?

And the lower legs... how the hell did they get these off and on without breaking the plastic? I have the coverstrip on the front of one and it's STILL hard to get my foot through without bending the back open. I wear size 10-1/2 to 11 shoes. (I know there was only a front cover strip)

Thinking of doing velcro overlap for all the backs but wondered how bad it would look if I later added strips and repainted the backs? Maybe could just sand the cover area and paint the strip ahead of time?

Getting close! THANKS to all who have helped! I love this place! :)

PS while I know the originals were sloppy as hell... anyone know of a way other than razor or fingernail to get the excess e6000 off of the coverstrips? A bit squeezed out here and there.

Edited by Darth-Felth

The screen used armor rarely if ever had return edges on the wrist area. Just cut it off.

For the lower legs (do you mean shins?) you can just leave the backs open with cover strips attached to one side, and close them with Velcro if you want to. You flex them open to slide over your shin, you don’t need to cram your foot through them. Put them on like soccer shin guards

Check the Academy site for info on thighs / shins

-----

To remove excess E6000 on ABS or HIPS, I score the glue gently with a sharp xacto blade, then run a popsicle stick with a V shaped end to "rub" the glue off.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2020