Question : How to remove nicks and scratches from ABS

I am working on my AP build at the moment and I'm getting near the end of the initial cutting and sanding. Generally, the process has gone well but here and there, I see some nicks and light scratches in the armour, caused either during transit of pieces or by the cutting knife getting away from me a couple of times. We are not talking about anything major, just minor nicks and imperfections.

Is there a process I can follow to clean up these little issues ? I have Novus polish which I can use but am wondering if I should be doing any very light sanding of the affected areas beforehand. If its a mistake to try and do this, can somebody speak up ? If its OK, are there any issues I need to be aware in the sanding technique ? Just to be clear, the sanding I am thinking if is very localised, just getting rid of the nick itself and not sanding a wider area.

Remove them???? You should be adding more...seriously there is a thread on repair by making ABS paste

----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2020

After you dry sand, use wet sand paper. Then clean and polish. I've used car polish before and even purchased a buffer.

Being totally serious.

Edited by jawa001