How to combine AP helmet with AM armor

Hello Christian,

I used to combine the AP helmet with the forerunner to the AM, the FX armor. As did many others, and one of the reasons for this was because the plastics used (ABS) was a pretty good match, in both color and shine. My AP had a slightly more blueish tint than the FX, but not so much that it was noticeable under regular indoor lighting conditions.

I don´t know if they´re using the same type ABS for the AM as they did for the FX, but you could contact the AM people and ask?

I´m now using the AP helmet with a HIPS TM armor, -----------

Also, have you visited the local garrison board? If not, make sure you stop by and say hello!

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

On 3/25/2010 at 7:32 PM, TK6237 said:

Hello Christian,

I used to combine the AP helmet with the forerunner to the AM, the FX armor. As did many others, and one of the reasons for this was because the plastics used (ABS) was a pretty good match, in both color and shine. My AP had a slightly more blueish tint than the FX, but not so much that it was noticeable under regular indoor lighting conditions.

I don´t know if they´re using the same type ABS for the AM as they did for the FX, but you could contact the AM people and ask?

I´m now using the AP helmet with a HIPS TM armor----------

Also, have you visited the local garrison board? If not, make sure you stop by and say hello!

How do i contact the AM people. The person I got the parts from was not the creator

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

PM sent for the contact info.

I was so interested to know, I asked it myself! Recommendations were MRCE or RT-MOD. I guess in the long it's a personal preference anyway...

Edited by puro