PTT with blaster sound loop

I ordered an Aker amp and a PTT cable for a laser tag event I'm doing on Saturday. While I'm doing meet and greet I'm going to have trooper chatter running on an mp3 player and I will be running my mic on PTT.

I just had the idea however, that when I'm playing, I could switch the PTT cable over to the mp3 player line and run blaster fire sounds on loop to use while I'm actually playing. To anyone who has done this, any tips on how far apart to space the blaster effects on the mp3 track?

Edited by Feezle

On 3/21/2010 at 11:59 AM, Feezle said:

I ordered an Aker amp and a PTT cable for a laser tag event I'm doing on Saturday. While I'm doing meet and greet I'm going to have trooper chatter running on an mp3 player and I will be running my mic on PTT.

I just had the idea however, that when I'm playing, I could switch the PTT cable over to the mp3 player line and run blaster fire sounds on loop to use while I'm actually playing. To anyone who has done this, any tips on how far apart to space the blaster effects on the mp3 track?

Feezle,

I did exactly what you are wanting to do with the blaster sounds with my T21.

-----------

That is when i first developed the PTT. Keep in in mind that there will be some very faint blaster sound still playing through your amp even when the PTT button is not pushed. It is not an issue when my amp is inside the T21 because it can;e be heard. I don't have any pause between my blaster sounds but I am using a large blaster sound so there is already a pause.

Tell you what, I will throw in a CD with all of the sounds I have downloaded. I am sure one will work for you. Plus i have different time delay sound tracks on the CD. You can experiment. I would recommend no pauses. That way you have fire sounds the minute you press the button.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

Awesome! Thank you very much. I was wondering what you meant by the ghost noises, and now I know. I plan on mounting the amp under my back armor, so hopefully that will muffle some of that. I can't wait to try this out!