Jump to content

Mad Cow Rebel

Member
  • Posts

    46
  • Joined

  • Last visited

About Mad Cow Rebel

Standard Info

  • Name
    Avery
  • 501st Unit
    N/A

Recent Profile Visitors

214 profile views
  1. It's well established that TKs in ROTJ had bubble lenses. But did all have them? I was browsing SW helmets website yet again and scrolled past this photo of what appears to be a TK inROTJ with flat lenses Thoughts?
  2. Hey Phill, thanks for the tip I've decided to take this kit the TD route which is why I haven't posted anymore updates here. I'm currently trying to find more info on how exactly original ANH armour was strapped as it seems most everyone does it the ESB "clam shell" way. If you have any more helpful info please let me know
  3. I'm just about to begin assembly of my TE derived kit I've been doing a lot of research on building the actual armour (previously I've only seriously studied helmets) and I've been noticing that most everyone builds their armour the "ESB" way (torso clam shell) http://imgur.com/a/MBYcDQP I would like to build mine as close to ANH screen used armour as possible. How were they built (if they were built differently) for ANH? Thanks for any help
  4. I've started on the armour! I'm following the RS Props tutorial series on their youtube channel The arms were the first done. If I've done anything wrong please let me know Merry Christmas as well!
  5. After looking at the photos I took of them, I went back and fixed the ears to the best of my ability I'm really loving the look of this one so far
  6. Ok the Hero is really shaping up The only real problem I'm having (as usual) is fitting the ears! I'm not sure what exactly I'm doing wrong but any advice is welcome
  7. Plowing through Over the last week I've been making the best of a less than ideal situation (should sound familiar this year) I've improvised. I built up the DA stunt kit for a friend of mine - he wanted it dirtied up RO style and covered the cost of the kit; I didn't charge him for anything else. My payment was experience. I know that ear job is hideous but I did better on the right side. This 2mm abs is not the easiest to work with but regardless I am improving if slowly. After that I set out to work on the DA Hero helmet as I was in a helmet mode. The lenses suck. There is no way around it (It was like looking through a chunk of thick ice) so I cut them out, painted the back of them black (as they should be) and had resigned myself to having it a pure display piece as now I could see literally nothing through them. That was until I remembered I had built a small vacuum former a few years ago. Using the DA lenses as bucks, I vac formed a set of new lenses and they work very well (I can see well enough to actually walk now). All that's left to do is tint them using a synthetic dye and I'm golden. Now, On to the rest of that Hero helmet.
  8. I would not pay the full price for this. I'm glad I got it for nearly half price considering the quality.
  9. DA Props kits in! I have to say that was very fast shipping from France to Canada. Unfortunately that's all that was better than expected with these. Let me explain: First thing I noticed was that the ABS colour was slightly yellowed compared to my TE kit. This and the fact that there was what looked like black overspray from spray painting on the underside and dirt, hair etc on the inside of the faceplate makes me think this plastic has been sitting around in a shop for a long time. Upon further inspection I noticed that, especially on the hero kit, there were deformations in the ABS pulls from bubbled up areas to indents to a damaged and sunken tooth as well as an extra tooth on the hero! Moving on to the resin parts I found a few bubbles (not a huge deal) and a gaping hole in one of the Hovi tips! that, followed by the wrong size of S trim, look at this compared to brow trim It's huge and does not fit like it should at all. and then the bubble lenses softly molded out off very thick, very brittle green plastic Overall I feel disappointed and the experience of going through everything felt like I bought some recast ebay kits. I expected much better quality from DA props
  10. yes I did the right side better. Like I said not going to win any shows but I've re worked a lot on this helmet and I don't want to risk ruining it again. This is actually the second time I've done the tube stripes on this one. I sanding the first set down and resprayed before doing the above
  11. Some further progress: Tube stripes on Not going to win any shows but I did these better than my first bucket so I'm happy
  12. Thanks, In the above photo you can see an issue with the frown (the gray bleed between teeth) that has been fixed
  13. Success! As you can see I've started the hand painting. I'm a little rusty but I think I can pull it off with minimal touch ups We're back on track
  14. Back to HDPE: The next post will be the final white. Here I go
  15. Thanks, I'm not concerned about a few runs (I actually would like a few) it's just that what happened last time was far too much
×
×
  • Create New...