Noob wanting to build a stormtrooper blaster

Hello to all! I am wanting to start on my stormtrooper costume, and I have chosen the ANH E-11 to build first. I went to Lowes today and bought some PVC material to begin. i have been looking at the website http://www.imperial-fleet.com/BBC/communit...php?f=4&t=2. Is this the best place to start at.... or is there another site out there that would be better for in depth details. Thanks so much for reading the post and your response.

Nope thats the best place for blueprints for your first blaster, there are many threads in here about making improvments on the impfleet base files.

Yep should work just fine. Wear eye protection! Even if you think "Ah I don't need it I'm just going to sand this little bit right here." A trip to the ER to get something removed from your eye is no fun.

As for what material to use, it depends on what you want to do with it. Display or troop. and what your skill sets are. Since you are asking the question, I'm going to assume that you are not a metalsmith by trade... So if you are looking to do an entirely metal blaster, go for aluminum or if you don't mind paying the $$ copper. Much easier to work with than steel and will be lighter for when you are trooping.

I took an easier route after failing to find a suitable metal pipe to work with. I went to Tractor Supply and purchased a 1 1/4" low pressure PVC drain pipe and the PVC blaster kit from Doopydoos.com . It made my life so much easier. I used the templates from the blaster builders website you posted to mark and drill all the holes and then used an exacto knife (I didn't have a dremel yet) to cut out the ejector ports and the bolt guide slot. I'm waiting to get a resin scope and power cylinders to finish it out, but if I had all the parts on hand I could have made this one in a few days.

Yep should work just fine. Wear eye protection! Even if you think "Ah I don't need it I'm just going to sand this little bit right here." A trip to the ER to get something removed from your eye is no fun.

:lol:I cannot emphasize this enough! I just spent a couple of hours down at A&E with a scratched eye ball from grinding a steel scope rail for someone here. I thought oh it's only a quick job I can't be bothered to dig my goggles out! How wrong I was.

Aluminium is alot softer to work with and lighter to troop with.

Thanks runewolf and sskunky. Will definatly utilize the safety glasses. I have bought the PVC pipe, and I think i am leaning more towards using aluminum for the metal. Thanks for the tip on DoopyDoos. I did check that out, and unfortunately most of the kits are sold out. The tips are great though. Thanks guys. I am thinking of having some pics posted by tomorrow. Any other advise is greatly appreciated.

What is the general best consensus to use?? aluminum or steel?

I personally prefer Titanium and fiber carbon, :lol:

Hahah no really man it al really depends on your wallet and what tools u have, either one is great.