The Magic Man's First Armor Build (OR: Please Lord Vader, don't let me screw this up...)

25 April 2017

And today is the day! My Big Brown Box arrived earlier than I expected, as well as my undersuit top... I'm pretty sure no one wants to see the undersuit top though, so I'll just start my build thread with these...

FB_IMG_1493143209607.jpg

.... Parts everywhere!!!! Let's get these out and take a peek...

20170425_141922.jpg

Not pictured are the smaller bits, such as the canvas belt, the straps, the hovi mics, the Thermal Detonator, or the lenses. All of those are still in the Big Brown Box. :) I've got my boots (actually two pairs, as I've got a pair of Funtasmas in the closet right now, plus a pair of TK Boots on their way now) and my neck seal is in the mail. I still need to pick up a holster, but my E11 is paid for. I haven't heard anything back from HFx on when it'll be shipping, but I'm sure it'll be soon.

Now, onto getting magnets and rivets and snaps and scissors... Oh my!

Congrats! Out of curiosity, which kit is this?

This is a TK Armour; a buddy of mine sold it to me for a very affordable price, and while I know it's not the most accurate, it'll give me the armor-building experience and the skills needed for a higher-end set down the road. :) My only gripe is the bucket; I know the 3 piece design can be a pain in the butt, but I do have some experience with plastic models so I'm pretty sure I can work with it for now. Regardless, a new bucket is on my list.

2 May 2017

My BBB is still sitting in my spare bedroom, but all of my undersuit items are now here. :D Unfortunately, I've had a few bills pop up that require my immediate attention, so the official start date on construction has been pushed back by a little over 2 weeks. I HATE delays, but it'll be worth it I think.

I ordered my Hyperfirm E11 on the 22nd, but so far haven't gotten a tracking number yet from HFx. From what Lewis said, it was being packed up for shipping on the 27th. I'm not worried about it, but I am anxious for it to get here! Once it arrives, the last pieces I'll need, save for the actual construction hardware, will be my holster (ordering from Darman, as I like his heavyweight holsters), my TD clips. and my silicone handguard plates. Once those are here, I'll be ready to start.

• 2 weeks later...