Chest and Shoulder Bells A Little Too Big?

OK! So after about a year after ordering my armour, I never finished it because I hit a wall in building it. I didn't know how to size my legs or how to assemble the shins so I kinda gave up on it until I could set some time aside to work on it. I met a friend who is super into Star Wars (Several Costumes including: Imperial Guards, Darth Vader, Han Solo, Chewbacca, and Kylo Ren) got me back into building my armour. He wanted it ready by December so that we could set up an area in the theater for the Premier. (Rogue One was awesome and I had a lot of fun taking pictures.)

I finally resized my thighs, and put together my shins. I trimmed a good inch, inch and a half off the thighs.

DSC_0042.jpg

It felt good to finish what I had started but now I am requesting a second opinion. I feel my chest piece and shoulder bells is too big for my small build.

31697775665_b1cc15c360_o.jpg

31325469160_dce232a1e0_o.jpg

The images above are the most recent. The images below is a few months older.

DSC_0100.jpg

DSC_0104.jpg

• Like 1

I haven't built my armor yet, so everyone has an opinion. To me the chest looks big. I'd look at bringing the sides in 1/4 of an inch on both sides and see if the reduces the gap enough. Or it could be the strapping system being loose and no trimming is needed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

I haven't built my armor yet, so everyone has an opinion. To me the chest looks big. I'd look at bringing the sides in 1/4 of an inch on both sides and see if the reduces the gap enough. Or it could be the strapping system being loose and no trimming is needed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

This is what my Strapping Kit looks like:

DSC_0159.jpg

DSC_0160.jpg

DSC_0161.jpg

I have no straps holding the sides down (Chest to the back plate.)