Question about resizing RT-Mod thighs

Hello Troopers,

I just got my RT-Mod ANH Stunt kit -- excited and scared at the same time, and this is where everything I've been reading on FISD suddenly becomes real.

I'm 6'2", 190 lbs.  The RT-Mod kit is good for my height, but I have to thin it down a lot.  I want to butt join all the arm and leg pieces for an eventual Centurion application, and this is where my question comes in.

I have to remove about 4" of circumference from the thigh pieces to fit my chicken thighs.  Looking at this tutorial http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/11563-howto-assemble-thighs-butt-join-with-cover-strips/, it looks like I should:

1) trim down the front overlap ridges to where there's only 10 mm on each side, and then butt join them with a 20 mm cover strip inside and out.

2)  Wrap the thigh armor around my leg, overlapping the outer thigh over the inner thigh in the back, and mark the armor so I can see how much has to be cut off (it'll be about 4"), then split the difference (and cut 2" from each piece).  But that means I have cut off the existing flat portion and what I'm left with is two rounded pieces coming together at the butt joint.

My question is this:  If I cut off 2" from each side on the back of the thigh armor, will the back of the thigh still be flat enough that the cover strip will lay flat on the armor, or will the armor curve away from under the cover strip on each side?  Will I need to reshape the armor with a heat gun to flatten 10 mm on each side in order for the cover strip to lay flat against the back of the thigh?

Thanks for your help.

Hey Brian, great question!

You won't have to have the raised ridge put back on the thigh backs. If you look through my build, linked in my signature, you'll see that I cut an uneven strip out of the backs of my thighs, and that there isn't a raised section on them.

Simply gluing the cover strips to the thighs will be perfectly adequate for what you're talking absolute doing, as I understand what you're asking.

If you need clarificarion, just ask!!!