Mark Hamill in 'The Secret Service'

McQ

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=37427

CBR:

So we've seen in one preview panel in which the characters reference Mark Hamill and a another speaking about Hollywood film crews going missing. What's the origin of that thread? You've not actually drawn the actual Mark Hamil into the strip, have you? ...oh my word, does Mark Hamill not make it out alive?!?!

Gibbons:

It is really Mark Hamill! I have drawn him into it, and we've had some e-mails back and forth with Mark, who as you know is a huge comic fan just as Mark and I are huge fans of what he did in the "Star Wars" movies. He and the film crews going missing are actually quite integral to the plot of the whole thing. As to whether Mark makes it out alive, you'll have to read the first issue to find out, but he certainly has an exciting time of it. I think his inclusion in it is one of the things that really gave me a thrill when I read Mark's script, and I think it'll really thrill the readers. You're going to see references in it that I think perhaps you wouldn't have expect in a spy comic.

Fingers crossed that Hamill makes an appearance in the movie too

:)

• 1 month later...

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/kick-an impolite person-watchmen-new-comic-mark-hamill-309251

First Look at 'Kick-an impolite person,' 'Watchmen' Authors' New Comic With Kidnapped Mark Hamill (Exclusive)

Millar said he reached out to Hamill to see if he would play himself in the sequence.

As opposed to some of his other Star Wars cohorts, Hamill is a fanboy of the highest order. He has been attending Comic-Con since its early beginnings, he’s written a comic, he has a fascination with comic-book history, and he launched a successful second career in as a voice actor primarily off of his work as the Joker in the 1990s animated Batman cartoons.

In an interview, Hamill said he had some initial reservations about appearing as himself—part of it stemmed from being self-conscious—but being immortalized by Gibbons in a story by Millar swept his concerns to the side.

“They sent me the pages and all the stuff about ‘self, of ‘being Mark Hamill,’ that went out the window,†he recalled.

Millar and Vaughn are developing Service for a big-screen adaptation with the goal of Hamill playing himself when the time comes.

“(Secret Service) is such a great mash-up of fantasy and relatable reality that my participation is almost superfluous when you take the long view of what a great concept it is," said Hamill. "I can’t wait to read issue #2.â€

SECSERV2012001_printreview%20copy_Page_04.jpg

Click the link for the rest of the 8 page preview that includes decapitations, naughty words and the fate of Hamill :shok: