AngryJason's First TK Build [*AM]

Tonight - checked the snap plate on the crotch - all systems go. Added 2 male snaps to butt plate and a brad on the ab plate crotch, then fashioned a strap. Support shims on both forearms and biceps are solid, and thermal detonator inside shim is holding tight.

Did some test fitting. May not need side shims, but I'm not sure. If I add a half inch of a temporary shim, I can pull the ab plate up higher, making it look a little better with the chest plate. Here are some test fit shots. It seems the chest plate sits too high on the ab plate. Currently, the chest and back are just strapped with velcro. I guess the main questions tonight brought are - 1) side shims? The fit wasn't bad; 2) chest and back - are they really bad, or just in need of good strapping? It seems that in order to get the back sitting well, I have to drop the front to what seems to be ridiculously low - do I need to cut more off the strapping sections of the back/chest? 3) are my forearms/biceps too big? I have only put in support shims so far, so additional trimming isn't the end of the world. For the test fit, I was wearing my undersuit pants. Didn't bother with the shirt. So, in y'alls opinion, is it coming along or am I way off?

Pardon the nasty armpit hair - I wasn't thinking when I got the shots!

Front

front.jpg

Back

back.jpg

Left Side Arms Up

armsupleft.jpg

Left Side Arms Up - Got a small gap between chest and ab

armsupleftgap.jpg

Right Side Arms Up

armsupright.jpg

With forearms and biceps - is it me, or are these too big?

forearmsbiceps.jpg

Curious cap on butt plate?

buttplate.jpg

• 2 months later...

I may have made a mistake, and trimmed the right thigh a bit too tight. Did some more fitting, and I think with the proper strapping and padding, my right thigh will be fine, but not sure. Also, I may not have to trim it down. Here are shots taken the other night.

Here, you can see the right thigh wants to sit lower. I think if I pad the bottom a bit, and strap it to a garter type set up, it should stay in place. What do y'all think? Keep in mind that as of tonight, I still do not have any connections made from front/back to shoulder bell to bicep to forearm.

5953034230_c0fea24709.jpg

Here is the back view - same basic premise. Right thigh is sitting a bit low, padding and strapping should remedy that.

5952480841_b218285d33.jpg

Here is a side view. I'm still not sure if the forearms are too big. The pictures only have one forearm, as I dismantled the other one, just in case they're too big. Don't mind the drill bit sticking to the shoulder bell, I forgot to take off the magnet from the snap plate installation, and it came along for the ride. I also think I may need to tighten up the crotch strap.

5953035082_a97173c629.jpg

And here is the action shot I plan to use for any future trading cards. Here you can see the right bicep wants to shift down. I figure the strapping will take care of that.

5952481627_1a5c66f9b0.jpg

It was very motivating to see it all come together. Now, I feel I need to concentrate on my strapping and get things connected and working together. Feels like I'm making progress.

• 1 month later...

I've been having problems accessing whitearmor from home (some ISP problem where this and a few other detachment sites are being blocked). Aside from that, I have good news to report, I have completed my TK, and was approved a couple weeks ago. Unfortunately, my first troop in it was a no-go, but I look forward to strutting it around at Dragon*Con.

And here is TK-8755:

6006795465_ea1c0e26e3.jpg

Edited by angryjason