Stomper Hovi's + Supertrooper's mini-speakers

Bigturc

Hey guys,

Vk2xh2u.jpg

I got Stomper's Hovi's and SuperTrooper's speakers. Now, I saw that picture of them together, but it actually doesn't reveal much.

I though I'd ask if anyone would have assembled pictures of these 2 things.

What I'm specifically looking for is:

Pic of the soldering on the speaker

Pic of the Hovi's back (I thought at first I had to completely drill out the screw, but now, I'm thinking of just drilling a hole for the wire to come through the back of the Hovi)

Anyway, if I missed anything, let me know,

Or if you want to explain in detail how to do that, I never actually soldered anything before, and I'm not too sure how I'll achieve that one .. I can't wait to put back those Hovi's on my bucket! It's been sitting there for too long now!

Cheers,

Al

Edited by Sly11
Edited to restore the image by Sly11, 2020

Hi everyone, I haven't got any picture on how I did it, so I will have to get descriptive with words. On the one Hovimix I have done on my Scout Helmet, I drilled one hole through the center of the back of the Hovimix for the bolt and one smaller hole, off center and out of the way of the bolt head for the speaker wires. Put the bolt through the hole on the hovimix and its corresponding location on your helmet. Do up the bolt and nut tight so it does not come loose. drill the wire hole through the helmet too so you can now pass the wires for the speaker through the hovimix and into the helmet. That's the easy part. Once you have both Hovimix/speakers installed you will now be ready to solder the wires together. Take one red wire from one speaker and one black wire from the other speaker, bring them together and cut them so they over lap about 15mm. Slide some small heat shrink over one of the wire ends so it is out of the way for the time being. Strip off the ends of the two wires you have just cut, back about 10mm. Twist each wire a little so the strands are neat. With your soldering iron heat up the end of the wire and touch the solder on to the wire so it places a small amount of solder over the whole surface of the exposed wire. This is called "tinning the wire". When both wire ends are done, again heat up one wire end and touch the other wire onto it overlapping so it becomes one long wire. Take away the heat, but keep the two wire ends together so they can cool whilst touching and after about 5 seconds, give them a little tug to make sure they are firm. When it has cooled some more, slide the heat shrink over the join and shrink it down with a lighter so it seals the join.

Now take the other two ends of the wires. Depending on what type of voice amp you are using, you will either need to solder a speaker plug onto the ends or solder them straight onto the sound card. either way, i recommend sliding some heat shrink over both wires first to keep them together and looking neat. If they are to short to get where you need them, you can extend them the same way as above.

If you need to solder a speaker plug on to your wires, as above, pre-tin your wire ends and when cool place the wires in the holes on the tags on the back of the plug. one they are in place. Heat them up again and place a small amount of solder on each tag. but make sure you do not short out the wires in the plug, or your speakers wont work. The black wire should go to the outside tag and the red wire to the inside tag.

Note: if you are using the Triktoys speakers, you will need to join the two yellow wires together to complete the circuit.

I will post pictures as I do my helmet in the coming months. Any questions, feel free to PM me or contact me on Microsoft messenger.