AP Debacle

Justice -- there is one very important thing you are forgetting. AP is NOT a company. It's a guy, making stuff for fun, to help out other fans. You cannot hold garage propmakers to the same standards as Walmart. 2 months wait is not abnormal at all for an armor kit. I've waited way longer than that for more expensive items.

We (the people who make the stuff that folks assemble) do not get rich from it. We don't generally make a living off of it. We work full time, have families and lives, etc... When someone buys a kit from another fan, it is not a retail transaction, it's a custom commissioned piece of art. Things come up: Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years... all of those are more important than getting armor out the door. If you (anyone, not just you specifically) aren't cool with that, I suggest learning to make your own armor. You'll find that the years and thousands of dollars are way worse than a couple of months waiting for a kit!

My strategy of late has been that if folks bug me too much about updates / status / whatever... I just refund the money and don't deal with them anymore. Makes for way less headache.

It looks like everything has been aired out and points have been made, very publicly.

I think Mark has been transparent with his intentions, and Cornelius has voiced his opinions.

We're 5 days into the new year, and remember our theme - "Set for Fun".

Let's move along... :)

AP: 01/05/11

Cornelus,

Please stop emailing me and do whatever you want with your kit, as you can see the kit is shipped from USA so I wasn't lying and I had to ship all the parts to USA which took longer, actually you will notice your kits has the belt main missing but I still decided to ship your order to avoid more delay I just finished the belts and I will ship to you seperately, it's not because of your threat that I shipped it.

I honestly prefer not to deal with people like you, you can sell your kit since your sour about this tansaction, if you think 1 late delivery will affect my reputation then good for you.

Happy new year!

Mark

===

I have not replied to his e-mail, and I shall not. I have not made any verbal threats towards him, just a request of refund and acted civil. As I stated, people can make up their own minds if they want to deal with AP or not. Our transaction however will not be complete till I receive all the pieces. Communication is the key in this debacle, and if things where worded differently, and a honest estimation of the timeline was given, this thread would not exist.

Mark, you have to look at things from another mans perspective. I have trust, but if it gets tested for 2 straight months it gets to be too much. Your reputation as a armor builder precedes you, that is why I chose you over tupperwareTK, but you need to change the way you act and react towards your costumer base, or they will inevitably dry up and go to another source. Happy New Year to you too Mark, and I mean it. Make it a good one! I will make sure to document how my armor arrives and builds as best I can, so you and others can see how good your armor really is. I would think of this as a learning experience. Tweak the way you communicate with us costumers and you'll come out on top.

Stormtrooperguy, I understand where you are coming from. But proper communication is the key. In the end you have a considerable sum of money in your pocket from another person who is waiting for an armor. It is a piece of art and can not be rushed, but if communication provided is of the kind that leads you to believe "anytime now" for 2 months something is going to give. Your way of dealing with people like me is admirable, and I commend you for it. But I think communication between your costumers is not of the kind I received, so we would not have this same problem.

In short, at this point I hope my belt will arrive shortly after the armor so we can close this chapter and start a new (positive) one about how my armor arrived and my armor-build!