Looking for some Advice

So, i visited radio shack today and talked with a guy who was a big help to me. spent 13 years as a visual and special effects artist in hollywood so he knew exactly what i am wanting to do to my helmet.

i'm looking at running two small fans or possibly one bigger one inside my lid. looking to run them off a on/off switch and with 9V batteries.

my question: where have you guys found that works best for your fans? and the batteries? how have you attached the fans to the plastic? velcro???

anything else you might wanna throw into the pot would be greatly appreciated...

thanks in advance!

-paul

Edited by Psojka

I mounted the fans on little foam cubes to isolate them from vibration. I hot glued the foam to the fans and then hot glued to the helmet. I bought 12V computer fans (Evercool 40mm fans from NewEgg.com, the model number is EC4010M12CA, item # 35-119-049 - $2.99EA)

Some people use squirrel cage style fans, and there are sellers for them here on the boards. For batteries I just wired 2 AA batteries in series with a 9V for each fan to give 12V. Little plastic battery holders I got from Radio shack are velcro'd into the helmet. I also wired a switch between the battery leads and the fans and I used a sliding switch. At some point I think I will replace them with rocker switches because it's really hard to work the slide with gloves on :rolleyes: