Some Hasbro Mod questions!

Today I found and picked up the Hasbro E-11 toy blaster (the white one). I am thrilled, since this is the first part of the Stormtrooper costume that I have gotten (I am eagerly waiting to start my new job to get the actual armor and accessories). I am planning on getting Doopydoo's Hasbro kit, but I wanted to do a few extra modifications myself. I want to fill in all the drill holes with some sort of putty, but I have no idea what sort of putty to get. I want something very cheap and sandable so that it will be nice and smooth.

Also, where on earth do I get T-tracks from?! I was looking on here, but no one seems to sell them anymore. Is it possible to make my own from something easy to find?

And one more thing, the entire orange tip of the blaster, do I cut that off? I assume, since the Doopydoo's kit comes with a new front, but I just wanted to be sure that it is all of the orange, not just the orange cap. I really can't afford to screw this up.

This forum is one of the most helpful I have ever come across! Thanks, you guys!

Hi Alexandra.

Yes, you cut the orange tip off. The mod kit comes with a new muzzle.

For the holes, you can use car bondo (not spot putty). Just make sure to sand the holes / area before covering them so that the bondo sticks.

You can buy T-rack from a few sellers here, but I just make it myself. I cut some narrow strips of 2mm styrene and glue them into a T shape using Plastic Weld adhesive. A few ingenious people have also used screen sliding door tracks, and outdoor rakes. Those are good options too.

BTW: here's my Hasbro mod thread if you want to see how I modded mine.

---------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working