SE-14R EU Reference Pix

Daetrin

That is a great SE-14R reference you found, Paul......I will have to put that in my reference book..... I think got that comic book on cd..somehere?!?

This is all I have on SE-14R . Hope they are some help:

6X0MP9S.jpg

YivyEW5.jpg

JvXypqR.jpg

I'm posting this from FISD for reference:

Daetrin said:
Found this over at the IOC. First good EU reference to the SE-14R I've seen

390px-Swec9cover.jpg

Any others?

Looking at the length of the mag clip, these look to be based on Shawn Morgan's version! :) Look at the photos below. On the 'real' prop, I believe the barrel to be a bit smaller, the mag shorter and the bit on the underside of the rear of the barrel to be sticking out less than Shawn's. Also there appears to be a horizontal split in the handgrip panel level with the forward switch detail. I think that Shawn's side barrel buttons are a bit on the low side too. I know that there is the potential for distortion in photos, so I'm happy to put it down to that. Shawn's SE-14R captured the spirit of the blaster exceptionally well so I'm not going to quibble! I really love mine!

Just scanned these from the Visual Dictionary:

uRjRCZB.jpg

o9uFLtg.jpg

BHiL873.jpg

Other images:

MJBWyQk.jpg

Bn08vMK.jpg

Some idea which scope was used?

And i not mean the airsoft scope on the fanmade stuff

BTW the real Weapon was a Rexim Favor

rexim.jpg.1cecdff37d340194e29a6c66b5ffa652.jpg

Because of the second scope , this can be the reason for the silver points

evazgun2.gif.05e9a95f5b520d384a3545ad3a9437a3.gif

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated

Aaron

I think Mark'a right about those patchs mate :)

Here' s the shot of the Dr. Evizan blaster with the 2 sights that Mark posted up ages and ages ago

plus the SWP shot of it as well

sadqSk1.jpg

0zDMRW3.jpg

I think that Shawn probably based his sculpt on the reference pic's of the Alien Rexim-Favor

Nostromo pistol as there are far more of those available then there are for the SE-14R.

Here's a few shots of it and as you can see they used the same parts as they did in Star Wars

like the Single Point scope etc B)

The quest continues to try and find more reference shots of our version B)

:)

Billhag said:
------------

The quest continues to try and find more reference shots of our version B)

:)

If we could identify the marking on the scope ( white lettering) we would know what was used.

Is it possible to zoom close and sharp enough to read it?

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

Ah! I see, so we have a sort of hybrid between the Evazan/Alien blaster. I see the glue spots now and notice that Evazan's top scope is mounted differently to the Promo SE-14R.

Check out the scout pistol scope on the bottom of the Alien blaster mag too. :D

Unfortunately, the Alien scope lettering looks really blurred, so it'll be nigh on impossible to read properly. :(

Got this from The Book of Alien:

The scope has been moved so the lettering isn't visible! Damn!

ZkZpMYR.jpg

I'm going to try a 3-7x20 scope I found here: http://airsoft-club.com/shop/scope/non-ill...rifle-gun-scope

AS700.jpg.0fa331b2299727276e2d241e5768dc67.jpg

The tube diameter is the same as the Tasco 4x20, but it's 20mm longer. It'll need modded in the same way as the 4x20 with the additional removal of the extra collar thingy.

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated

I think we're going to get close, but never get the exact scope. I'm happy to accept the 4x20, or the 3-7x20 on my own SE-14R. It's not like Shawn's blaster is 100% accurate as it is and that's not a criticism! :)

Oh..not missunderstand me.

I for myself like it movie accurate and maybe i can find help here to reach this also with the Se 14 R.

I for me hope to find the exact scope.

If you are happy with your scope is that ok. thats the main point for all props.

That the owner like it.

• 2 years later...

Wookiepedia has already confirmed that the side scopes were ASI 4x20 which is also used on boba fett (or similar since they were made in a generic factory and sold as different brands). So possibly the middle scope could be the same.

830px-SE-14C_blaster_pistol.jpg

I'm thinking this one (as in shape and size, not brand) could be used for the middle scope. It looks like it has a similar taper to the front

------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

• 2 weeks later...

The brand is Hakko. I haven't measured it, but if it's anywhere close to my sussex scope which is identical to the scope used on Boba Fett, it should be around 28.5 cm.

Nice research Mathias :duim:

Where you got that scope, could need one for my new short range :)

I got it off of swedish ebay, "tradera". So I can't give you a specific source for that scope. Just keep your eyes open. I wasn't even looking for this specific scope, I was looking for Fett scopes and got this for fun. ;)

• 5 months later...

That scope does look good.

Is that mount hard to find?

No not really. Look at vintage 4x20 or 4x15 scopes on ebay and you should spot one pretty quickly.

• Ripper_L pinned this topic
  • 2 years later...