SE-14R EU Reference Pix

Daetrin

Anyone know the actual length of the SE-14R? I am looking for files to 3D print this blaster, but they are all stating different lengths. Some of the file state they are for the 1/6 toy figure. But when I try and scale up the actual length it doesn't make sense.

From the pic above with the scope length (approx 11"), the overall length looks in the ballpark of about 12.5"?

The files also don't seem to have the greeblies on the left side of blaster.

Anyone have a direct link to a very good 3D file for purchase?

Cheers!

29 minutes ago, Helotech said:

Anyone know the actual length of the SE-14R? I am looking for files to 3D print this blaster, but they are all stating different lengths. Some of the file state they are for the 1/6 toy figure. But when I try and scale up the actual length it doesn't make sense.

From the pic above with the scope length (approx 11"), the overall length looks in the ballpark of about 12.5"?

The files also don't seem to have the greeblies on the left side of blaster.

Anyone have a direct link to a very good 3D file for purchase?

Cheers!

Posted this one up a few days ago for someone else, was on Thingiverse but has been taken down, has the curved handle which most models out there don't, in this thread 

Kropserkel used to supply one, dimensions they listed as The overall length of the pistol itself is 11 3/4", and 12 3/4" with the scope overhang at the rear

Nice thread on RPF https://www.therpf.com/forums/threads/se-14r-rexim-trooper-blaster-pistol-scope-prop-discovery.299904/

Is there anything you can't do Glen? :)

This is Awesome!

I was also wondering why no-one did the curved handles.

I just bought a resin 3D printer and haven't printed anything yet. This may be 2nd after a bunch of baby yoda's for family members...

The quality should be great on my resin printer.

Just to confirm, can I download this and print for my own use? 

I don't mind downloading and paying for files (going rate is about $25), but some don't include scope (easy to find a real one apparently) and as stated, the handles are flat.

I won't use this for trooping. Just for poops and giggles factor.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Helotech said:

Is there anything you can't do Glen? :)

This is Awesome!

I was also wondering why no-one did the curved handles.

I just bought a resin 3D printer and haven't printed anything yet. This may be 2nd after a bunch of baby yoda's for family members...

The quality should be great on my resin printer.

Just to confirm, can I download this and print for my own use? 

I don't mind downloading and paying for files (going rate is about $25), but some don't include scope (easy to find a real one apparently) and as stated, the handles are flat.

I won't use this for trooping. Just for poops and giggles factor.

There's a SH_T load I can no longer do, if only they did replacement bodies

I've uploaded it to my google drive so others have access and you are welcome to use, you can print for your own use, the original poster did ask for it not to be sold ;) 

I hear ya. I'm turning 49 soon and every time I fly on our helicopters and hoist I feel OOOOOLLLLLLLDDDDDDDDDDDD

File Downloaded. Not going to print and sell at all. Don't wanna get in that game.

Once I get everything done I'll print it off and have and post it here.

Cheers Glen!

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Helotech said:

I hear ya. I'm turning 49 soon and every time I fly on our helicopters and hoist I feel OOOOOLLLLLLLDDDDDDDDDDDD

Tell me more!  I worked on OH-58's for a long time - you got me curious.

I wish we had OH-58’s!!! We have next to no recon or attack capability.

I’m a Warrant Officer in the RCAF. Flight Engineer on CH-149 Cormorants, currently flying SAR in BC. 

No, not my regular uniform....

image.thumb.jpeg.838c16adffe1ec2d6d8bcddb30459c50.jpeg

Edited by Helotech
  • Like 1

Totally sweet!  The OH-58's I worked on back then were A+ models.  Unarmed & unafraid!  So, very different from the D models that folks are enjoying nowadays.

I actually have a patch that shows that from the day. I'll see if I can find it.

Ouch! Unarmed in something green......

LOL.

Were you a tech? That's how I started in RCAF. AVN Technician on Bell 412's.

File Downloaded. Not going to print and sell at all. Don't wanna get in that game.

Cheers Glen!

It's how I paid for college. :)

image.png

I didn't have the eye sight to be a military pilot so had to go a different route in life.

3 hours ago, Helotech said:

Ouch! Unarmed in something green......

LOL.

Were you a tech? That's how I started in RCAF. AVN Technician on Bell 412's.

Cheers Glen!

Well, the patch was made in 1989 - over 30 years ago, so I think any terms of use have long expired.  Use it as you please :)

2 hours ago, Helotech said:

Glen,

Any reason why the stl. files are doubled for each piece?

Thanks

No clue there, unless I saved twice when I've backed up, I didn't even check when I uploaded it. 

• 8 months later...

Almost a zombie thread...

Came here looking for ref pics for weathering my se-14r, and strikes me that except for the glue marks from the missing extra scope it's always shown as a really clean blaster.

Any opinions on this? 'Should' it be left clean for accuracy(?)

As far as I am aware the only real use of the SE-14R was the promo images so it never really had a chance to get knocked about.  Then again you seem some E-11s that look like they've been dragged behind a speeder (which is not exactly my personal preference) so it's owners choice to a certain extent.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CallMeMrTibbles said:

Will have to give some thought as to if/how to apply any weathering then.

Dave added a touch of weathering to his

87BKgVx.jpg

And also David's build

4xvOWWr.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the shout out Glen.

I think a little weather makes it look more realistic instead of straight flat black.

It also shows off some of the details. They “pop”, so it doesn’t look flat.

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

A few references showing the side wire coil, although unwound, this is the cantina SE-14C but the wires appears to be in the same places as the promo SE-14R

StarWars-SE-14C2 copy.jpg unnamed.jpg

Apparently this is the screen prop seen in the cantina, you can see where the wire was glued on the barrel 

img_3467-jpg.1761709

img_3460-jpg.1761710 

• Like 1