HOWTO: Make a Mouse droid

Before I start I would like to thank everyone who has helped me complete my build.

Alex- Vactrooper

Brian- Soldermaster

:salute:

And so it begins,

I got my rc car off ebay for $90, I clocked it at 60mph at the hobby store today, hes a speedy little devil eh? The guy at the hobby shop said he had never seen a brushless motor of that size before, its raw POWER!!!

100_3838.jpg

heres an update on speedy

100_3840.jpg

100_3842.jpg

100_3843.jpg

100_3841.jpg

Okay, went to radioshack today, waited 20 min. for the 2 employees to put a clear film on the face of a guys itouch :angry: anywho I bought the 6x8 inch. boards to start on speedys side greebles for $10. I also bought the peices to go on the board for $59 online :D

102_3918.jpg

102_3920.jpg

Bottom

102_3921.jpg

I renforced the other front corner

102_3919.jpg

Added flaps to keep dirt out of the important things

102_3923.jpg

Now I play the waiting game until my greeble peices arrive B)

Edited by Daetrin
Updated title

A MOUSE NEEDS A TAIL

Well today I woke up at 7:00 and said to myself "its a good day for Chick-Fil-A" after eating I went to the home depot and got a clothes line hook 4 nuts and 2 washers. Upon my arival home I started on Speedy's tail.

100_3924.jpg

100_3925.jpg

100_3926.jpg

100_3927.jpg

100_3928.jpg

Hey Tyler, What are you going to use for the top greebles on your MSE-6?

BTW, lookin' good ;)

Hey Tyler, What are you going to use for the top greebles on your MSE-6?

BTW, lookin' good ;)

I dont have any plans for top greebles, I was waiting to see if EVO3 was doing a run, if anyone knows anyone who makes 1:1 top greebles PM me please ^_^

Hey Tyler, Have you tried contacting the R2 builders Club..I know that there are some of them that have build their own MSE-6. Somebody there should have the top greebles that you can get to finish your mouse droid or can give you the info on how to make them. :duim:

TOO COOL Tyler! That looks like it's more fun than a barrel full of gundarks....

Your RC gives off a sound almost like the droid mouse did in Star Wars when it speeds away....star-wars-smiley-6512.gif

Edited by RogueTrooper

• 1 month later...

Okay Speedys new speed controler came in so I wired it up and tried it out, he now run faster, more efficient and hotter so I also had to install a cpu fan. I also forgot to post pics of the sound system I installed behind his boards.

102_4063.jpg

102_4064.jpg

Oh yeah, by the way meet Spoon (Speedy's slave droid) Alex im gonna need another shell soon ;)

102_4037.jpg

• 2 weeks later...