AM armor is the winner! I think...

poisonfox

Hey Derek, don't forget to start a new post/topic for your AM build in the Assembly, Mods, and Painting (Discusson):

http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showforum=4

Can't wait to see it!!!!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks! I'm gonna go for a shiny ANH suit. I always liked the look of those troopers marching through the death star. I'm definately going to take my time and post many pics on a soon to be created build thread!

Congratulations Derek!!! :dancing-trooper::dancing-trooper::dancing-trooper:

You are going to have so much fun, man. Take lots of pix and post as frequently as you can. Don't rush your build, that's when you make mistakes. If you have any questions or need help, don't hesitate to post. Have all the tools that you need and lots of E6000 glue. :duim:

Enjoy this! If you see yourself getting frustrated with your build, just walk away and take a deep breath!!!

Can't wait to see your build. man!

BTW, what version are you doing?

For all those who wanted to see pics of my armor...here you go!

BTW, the helmet is a VT and did not come with the kit. This is TupperwareTK's AM "LITE" kit.

I labeled what is in the box so you don't have to guess.

th_DSC_0246.jpg

th_DSC_0247-1.jpg

th_DSC_0248-2.jpg

th_DSC_0252-2.jpg

th_DSC_0249-1.jpg

th_DSC_0250-1.jpg

Yeah Nice and shiny with that new plastic smell too :D

HAVE FUN!!

Keep us posted!

I think TupperwareTK could answer this better, but I have seen very short and very tall Stormtroopers out there. This armor has a-lot of extra plastic so that you can trim it down to your size pretty easily! 5'8" to 6'2" shouldn't have to do much though...How tall are you?

Hi Derek! Thanks for the pics

I am wondering how tall must be a trooper to fit this armor perfectly without major mods?

I think TupperwareTK could answer this better, but I have seen very short and very tall Stormtroopers out there. This armor has a-lot of extra plastic so that you can trim it down to your size pretty easily! 5'8" to 6'2" shouldn't have to do much though...How tall are you?

That's just perfecto :lol: I'm 5'9"... I can see a new outpost in the horizon :salute:

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like you are having too much fun...STOP IT :huh: this isn't suppose to be enjoyable :D;) Just kidding!!! hahahaha!!! :lol::lol::lol: !

Your build looks to be coming a long nicely :duim:

How did the neck lip turn out?

Yeah, I'm having WAY too much fun! B) I am working on the thighs, shins, and neck lip right now. Then it's just straps, buttons, and paint really to finish it up! I can't wait!

P.S. I also can't wait for my twin boys to be old enough to dress as Jawas for Halloween so I can take them around the neighborhood in my armor. :P

It looks like you are having too much fun...STOP IT :huh: this isn't suppose to be enjoyable :D;) Just kidding!!! hahahaha!!! :lol::lol::lol: !

Your build looks to be coming a long nicely :duim:

How did the neck lip turn out?

That's cool, Twin boys. After they see their dear ol' Dad in TK armor, they might want their own set ;)

I know you said that you have painted the ab buttons, I just thought for future reference here is a PDF that Billy posted here with the revised Helmet and Ab paint detail reference guide: http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=1680

ArmourandHelmetHumbrolPaintColours_.jpg

does this color scheme work for ESB as well? I am thinking of switching to that instead of ANH.

That's cool, Twin boys. After they see their dear ol' Dad in TK armor, they might want their own set ;)

I know you said that you have painted the ab buttons, I just thought for future reference here is a PDF that Billy posted here with the revised Helmet and Ab paint detail reference guide: http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=1680

ArmourandHelmetHumbrolPaintColours_.jpg

• 6 months later...

I think that chest is way too big for you. In fact, I think it's way too big for most TKs out there, and it looks so off compared to the real deal... oh well!

Yeah, the chest and back are my biggest gripes with this set.

well, it's not your fault ;) I think tkrestonva has swapped them out with someone else's parts, looked ten times better.

Here are some more recommendations, if you don't mind:

- Your belt is sitting a little low, it should sit just below the "ridged button" bit on the abdomen.

- I think you - as most AM wearers - have gotten the shins on the wrong legs. The one you have on your left leg with the kneeplate is actually the right shin, and vice versa. Looks a bit dodgy there. Try them on the other way, it should feel a lot better, too! Apparently the finishing strip on the back was put on the wrong side, giving the impression you're supposed to wear them like that...