poisonfox

Noob from NorCal

Hey everyone! My name is Derek and I live in the Fairfield/Vacaville area of California. I've been stationed out at Travis AFB for three years now and have finally gotten the funds together to put together a sweet set of Stormtrooper armor! Who knows, maybe a sandtrooper outfit to take with me when I go back for my sixth <---yes, sixth tour in the Desert. . .We'll see, I also like the shiny armor. In my first 24 hours on this forum I have already spent close to $300.00! I think this site is going to bankrupt me! :P I still need the basic armor! *hint hint* A helmet and blaster are good, but I'm a long from ready to troop.

The Central California Garrison and the Golden Gate Garrison have been amazingly friendly and helpful through this whole process. Those guys really know how to make you feel welcome! I still haven't figured out which Garrison is more convenient as far as distance. Can you be in two at once? Anyway, just thought I'd give those guys a huge shout-out.

Anybody local that would like to get together and hang out/talk shop/build crap or what not, feel free to PM me!

P.S. My wife want to join the ISO if anybody has advice/info.

Have fun trooping out there!

Welcome man! I'm in Chico. Not too far away. Played some paintball at Travis AFB a few years back.. probably about 3 or 3.5 maybe... lots of fun. Welcome to the boards Love seeing new Nor Cal faces. There is also a guy on here Bondservnt who is in Chico as well. If you and your wife ever wanna come up for a day or something we'd be happy to have you. Bondservnt (Vern) has completed his kit(s) and I'm working on mine right now. Once again welcome. Talk to you later man.

Welcome man! I'm in Chico. Not too far away. Played some paintball at Travis AFB a few years back.. probably about 3 or 3.5 maybe... lots of fun. Welcome to the boards Love seeing new Nor Cal faces. There is also a guy on here Bondservnt who is in Chico as well. If you and your wife ever wanna come up for a day or something we'd be happy to have you. Bondservnt (Vern) has completed his kit(s) and I'm working on mine right now. Once again welcome. Talk to you later man.

NOR CAL

BABY!

woot.

thats 2 troopers in chico... and I know 3 more who want to join up!

Welcome Derek to the FISD!!!!!!!!!! This hobby can take alot of coins, but believe me, it's worth every one of them :)

Make yourself at home, Don't hesitate to ask questions!!!

Thanks guys! I think I found my new favorite hobby for sure. As for Chico, i don't head up there too often but when I do, I will let you guys know. I'll bring beer!

Welcome. :)

TKEastBay is a member of the ISO and a member of the Golden Gate Garrison. Send her a PM.

Will do! Thanks a-lot!

TKEastBay is a member of the ISO and a member of the Golden Gate Garrison. Send her a PM.

Welcome to the forum.

Good to see you on the FISD board Derek. Now get yourself the white armor!

mrs.slave1pilot's mom lives in Vacaville.

We go visit a few times a year, next time I head up there I'll hit you up.

Watch for celeb signings at the BX and the collectible store next to it on base.

I met C. Andrew Nelson there and he seems to show up fairly regularly.

Looking forward to it, man! You're totally right about the BX, I've seen some interesting people there.

mrs.slave1pilot's mom lives in Vacaville.

We go visit a few times a year, next time I head up there I'll hit you up.

Watch for celeb signings at the BX and the collectible store next to it on base.

I met C. Andrew Nelson there and he seems to show up fairly regularly.

Yes sir!!!

Good to see you on the FISD board Derek. Now get yourself the white armor!

Thanks a bunch! She was really helpful.

Hey derek,

Nice to meet you. I'm a fairly noob myself in GGG. There are a lot of wonderful people here on fisd and I our GGG garrison. Hurry and get your armor! You should check out wondercon coming up soon. I've only been in the 501st since dec of 09 and I love this hobby. I wish I did it sooner.

Yes, definitely check out Wondercon in SF, Easter weekend this year. Great "local" convention for us in NorCal/Bay Area. Tons of costumers plus the 501st will be there.

I'll be there! I don't know if I will be in armor or not though...I really want to take my time and do it right! Maybe I can help out as a handler?

Yes, definitely check out Wondercon in SF, Easter weekend this year. Great "local" convention for us in NorCal/Bay Area. Tons of costumers plus the 501st will be there.