Who wants to be *the* exemplary Heavy Weapons Trooper?

Daetrin

Thomas the LMO posted this about our visual references:

Congratulations.

One request, can you please post exemplary images of the intended configuration?--preferably with mild to no weathering, and clearly displaying the abdomen plate. Please share the images here as well as upon the Detachment.

Be well,

Thomas

So I'm throwing the guantlet down! If any of you feel you have the goods and want to be featured as our model Heavy Weapons Trooper, here is the place to apply.

What do you get? A raise? Swag? Alas not, just the ability to say that it was you who helped define this costume for the 501st Legion and FISD.

With Unquestioned Loyalty

-- Daetrin

I'm waiting on a Hyperfirm-compatible grip disc and ammo feeder tray cover to finish my MG34-to-DLT19 conversion - one of the projects on Stomper's need-to-finish list.

Wrt to the box I can give you the dimensions of mine. It's just sheet HIPS that was cut and glued together if that would help. The disk - alas not sure about that matey.

That would be good, Paul. With enough scrounging and some creativity, I can probably find something around the house or at Home Depot that can stand in as a passable grip disc.

Then again, the CRL doesn't require a completed DLT19 conversion.

So - if the temp tattoos on the pauldron (which I kinda like but will either need to remove or get a second pauldron) don't bother you, here's what I've got:

-----

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

tkrestonva said:

That would be good, Paul. With enough scrounging and some creativity, I can probably find something around the house or at Home Depot that can stand in as a passable grip disc.

Then again, the CRL doesn't require a completed DLT19 conversion.

So - if the temp tattoos on the pauldron (which I kinda like but will either need to remove or get a second pauldron) don't bother you, here's what I've got:

No, the CRL does not but the EIB does. And yes, you'd have to have a canon pauldron. I'll sell you an orange one if you want ;-)

I just checked the CRL list on the Legion website - no HWT listed. :huh:

None of them are posted because none exist. Technically there are no centrally approved CRL's of any kind on the 501st Legion site. Each det is just creating, approving, and publishing on their own in the hopes that some day there is a Legion sanctioned CRL again.

More about the CRL project and why it is where it is should be sounded out in the 501st only area.

Oh - and one more thing Brian. Ideally in my mind the CRL entry should have both a base 501st approved HWT and someone in a "SHOULD HAVE" mode, which is really our EIB requirements. This way people can see both easily. The immediate need is for the base CRL.

So looking at both the CRL and EIB standards, it looks like I can hit the CRL right now - provided I remove the temp tattoos on the pauldron.

For the EIB standards, I'll need to remove the drop boxes and holster - easily done BTW as I built them to be removable.

I'll need to pick up a third ammo pouch and I should probably get an orange pauldron since that's the only color shown in the reference pictures. It would also be appropriate to finish out the DLT-19 conversion - a HWT ought to have a heavy weapon, after all.

Am I missing anything, and can you throw in a hip ammo pouch along with that orange pauldron? :P

So looking at both the CRL and EIB standards, it looks like I can hit the CRL right now - provided I remove the temp tattoos on the pauldron.

Yes, I believe this is the case.

For the EIB standards, I'll need to remove the drop boxes and holster - easily done BTW as I built them to be removable.

I'll need to pick up a third ammo pouch and I should probably get an orange pauldron since that's the only color shown in the reference pictures. It would also be appropriate to finish out the DLT-19 conversion - a HWT ought to have a heavy weapon, after all.

Am I missing anything, and can you throw in a hip ammo pouch along with that orange pauldron? :P

Actually you can use a white pauldron as it's allowed for both CRL & EIB, even though it's not video game canon - this is what was voted in and there was no negative comment on it at all.

As for the weapon - if you look a BFG is *not* a requirement for this costume. You could in fact use a E-11 instead. Again, this may change in the future but we never got a single comment about that. We did get comments to allow more than what was seen in the video game.

EDIT: if you wanted to be a slave to the video game reference then yes you'd need an orange pauldron and the Bazooka, but as was pointed out in the game you can pick up most any weapon so this is why there's so much flexibility on that requirement.

If the photo I posted is Photoshopped (which I neither have the tools or skill to do) to remove the pauldron decorations, can it be used for the CRL?

It looks like a garrison-mate of mine will be able to provide a pauldron and MP40 pouch, so I should have the EIB-quality photo done by the end of the month. We'll have a green screen set up at -------- so it should make for a nice quality photo.

Can you provide measurements for the ammo feeder cover? Also, if you know a source for the grip disc, then I'd be all set. :)

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

tkrestonva said:
If the photo I posted is Photoshopped (which I neither have the tools or skill to do) to remove the pauldron decorations, can it be used for the CRL?

It looks like a garrison-mate of mine will be able to provide a pauldron and MP40 pouch, so I should have the EIB-quality photo done by the end of the month. We'll have a green screen set up at -----, so it should make for a nice quality photo.

Can you provide measurements for the ammo feeder cover? Also, if you know a source for the grip disc, then I'd be all set. :)

It would work for now until ShevaCon. I'll take measurements of the box. You can post on MEPD for disks - I just posted there and will let you know of the response. Actually I'm surprised no one has done a run of these yet.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

Using the magic of Photoshop (thanks, Tom!) here are my new (well, not really) and improved HWT CRL submission pics:

White pauldron:

4346466646_c0a90e46d2_o.jpg

Orange pauldron:

4346466684_b5a0aa7c7a_o.jpg

Orange pauldron w watermark:

4345723465_62294e6515_o.jpg

EIB-quality pictures coming in a few weeks. :)

Nice! Thanks Brian :)

Now next step, can we have it at different angles? I should have asked originally but forgot. This is certainly what Thomas (LCO) will request. Otherwise it's beautiful to me.