Another what helmet is this?

So i'm fairly new to this helmet topic. I've been browsing FISD everynight and searching. I purchased this kit from a member and im curious to find out what kind or which helmet it is. it actually seems a bit small and thin. The previous owner said he bought it roughly 4-5 years ago.

I'll let the pictures do the talking. Any help would be gladly appreciated!

wiYdAhv.jpg

SY8si86.jpg

L61HwlM.jpg

EpaTsFg.jpg

rxDmqyn.jpg

What is this tab?

1IS93pT.jpg

Size comparison, keep in mind its not assembled so its sitting in an angled position. (unknown helmet, MR, FX)

sd5j3pY.jpg

Edited by Sly11
Edited to restore images Sly11 2021

Looks to be RT-Mod. It will be slightly smaller than the MRCE, and quite a bit smaller than the FX.

Hmmn,

The ears don't have the uniquely-shaped bump molded into them that my RT-Mod (Mk IV, I believe) helmet has. Quite the opposite - the bumps are separate pieces on this kit. An earlier version, perhaps?

Also, I always thought Rob preferred to assemble his helmets himself as opposed to selling them in kit form.

On second thought.... I think I was wrong. I dont know if thats an RT-Mod or not. Looks like a different maker but same style and decals as RT. The ears are totally different than RT after visiting his website and SWhelmets... I dont know dude... Weird.

I have seen that helmet before too, Mike is right it does have the same look and characteristics as RT but softer, Also the ears look more like FX.

Could it be TK560's lid?

The tabs are just from the pull. Has nothing to do with the helmet. It's just where the plastic has bunched up in the vacuum forming process. Just sand it down and you're good to go.

I don't know the make either but it looks to be a nice lid.

My 2 cents.

Thanks guys! Yeah. Its a bit strange. I was looking at RT-mods site last night while I was making this thread. It looks a bit similar but the bumps on the ears fooled me. I think this helmet has to be painted also, its a different white in the pictures.

It could be a VM. I only know of two helmet makers who make their helmets with a seperate dome, VM and RT. It doesn't look like an RT to me.

The 'tab' as you call it is actually webbing. This is the result of poor vacuum forming and it's caused be over heating the plastic and applying the vacuum too quickly.

Can you tell if it's HIPS or ABS?

I'm sorry. I haven't seen enough to tell if its abs or hips. But its certainly a different material than my fx armor. It seems thinner. The helmet itself seems pretty light but I can't tell because I haven't assembled it yet.

It could be a VM. I only know of two helmet makers who make their helmets with a seperate dome, VM and RT. It doesn't look like an RT to me.

The 'tab' as you call it is actually webbing. This is the result of poor vacuum forming and it's caused be over heating the plastic and applying the vacuum too quickly.

Can you tell if it's HIPS or ABS?