Well, my TE finally arrived.

Well,

I've managed to separate most of the parts but I am now left with loads of residue. I think Matt used super glue to put the whole thing together.

Does anyone know if I can use superglue remover on ABS? Or would it be better to sand the residue off?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe superglue remover will also eat away the ABS. Unless you can find something that says it's safe for plastics, it's probably best to sand off the residue.

Well,

I have separated all the parts and removed most of the superglue by picking and sanding. I think Matt had shares in Superglue, he used so much! :lol:

I think I'm nearly ready to sand it all and repaint. I'll have to wait for some nice weather as I don't have a workshop or garage. :(

OK, a couple of days later and I have separated and sanded of all the Superglue off and am ready to sand the parts ready for painting. I haven't bothered separating the arms as I think Matt must have done these first and don't look too bad!

Ā 

TEarmourseparated016.jpg

Ā 

TEarmourseparated011.jpg

Ā 

TEarmourseparated014.jpg

Ā 

TEarmourseparated013.jpg

Ā 

TEarmourseparated015.jpg

Ā 

TEarmourseparated011.jpg

Hey Mark, Looks like you have been hard at work mate! Excellent job! How long did you have to soak the armor?

Hi Tom,

I soaked it for a few hours but to be honest if I were to do it again I wouldn't bother and go straight in with the sanding. I have to prep it all for painting now but I'm not gonna rush as I have to do it outside and the weather is pants ere at the mo!

• 2 weeks later...

If it was my kit, I would fold the edge over .

Looking at the pictures that Butt plate needs trimming! Should I fold the edge over to or just trim it?

Looking at the pictures that Butt plate needs trimming! Should I fold the edge over to or just trim it?

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Buttarmor.jpg

• 5 months later...

:lol:

It's still in a box!

I may get round to finishing it as it's piece of TK history but to be honest I've just bought the CO TK moulds and am releasing my own set of accurate armour with JoeR soon. So the need to finish this hasn't been so important.

I plan on making ANH, ESB and ROTJ. We have a few never before released helmets and a suit of armour. I'm just working on the bucks for the former at the mo.

Of course ... I've been following the thread but didn't really put two and two together for some reasons.

Good luck with the project. Looks really promising.

Jason,

Who said you were Matt? In fact you look more like me! :lol:

I'm good, how's you?

Fireblade said it. How are you man! Great to hear that all worked out sort of! Drama, drama, drama. How did that claf peice come out did you do anything to it? It looked sort of wonky.