Asking for FISD members help

vicsouders

Got this today......... B)

Dear William,

Thank you for writing eBay in regard to member sandtroopertd999.

I have reviewed this account and have taken appropriate actions. The

listing you refered to was in violation with our policy and has been

removed from our site. To protect the privacy of all eBay members, we

can't discuss the details of any actions taken against a member's

account. I hope that this assures you that your account information will

also remain private.

In the future, try using the "Report item" link on the right side of the

listing. It's the fastest and easiest way to report a listing.

It is my pleasure to assist you. Thank you for choosing eBay.

Sincerely,

Ivan B.

eBay Customer Support

Trust and Safety Operations

• 1 month later...

I know. :( I'm not sure what can be done this time. I reported yesterday. He's changed the ad so that it doesn't include any mention of Shepperton. It's still not in the format that it's supposed to be in (buy it now) and it doesn't say he owns the intellectual property he is selling (it's supposed to). I just hope that since it is sooooo poorly written nobody buys.

He is not stating the SDS in the description anymore, but he is still trying to sell his assistance on purchasing a TK suit. I guess he is hoping nobody realizes the pic he is using of the TK, he pulled from this link on Bayraider, that was posted back in 09 October 2007:http://www.bayraider.tv/2007/10/stormtrooper-co.html

As with all things where there is a market (black though it may be) there will always be snake oil salesmen to take advantage of it. While it is commendable what you guys did, and no offense meant here, it didn't really accomplish much did it? Ebay is about money always has been always will be, so long as he pays his posting fees he's going to get away with it, and if he does get shut down he'll start again under another name. This might be a good time to say something about the wonderful armor from Museum Replicas...oh wait...what is it now 3 years and counting?

Jason, I respectfully disagree. There are times when action should be taken because you believe it is right and regardless of the outcome. While his ad is still horribly worded, it is now clearer that he is selling only information. So, we did effect some change.

Remember that the biggest change is that you all are spreading info.

Just be weary of a double edge sword. While helping others, try not to effect the honest ones on the 'bay shilling "good" stuff. Trust me, I support tossing scum out the door, but care should be taken. ;)

• 1 month later...

I'm a little late to this thread as I'm still getting used to navigating the boards. Having said that I appreciate what you all have done. Even "IF" there wasn't much of a change (and I don't think that's the case) there is a principle involved.

After all "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing". -Edmund Burke