Are you owed money/plastic from Matt G aka TE

I disagree and don't think one thread is not enough, if the one thread was enough everyone would have refunds now.

Thousands of peoples' hard earned dollars are owed while new helmets and armour are being offered on Facebook to new customers. The more threads the better, the more awareness in the hobby the better, action must be taken, this is internet fraud.

I myself am not owed anything but my friends are being taken for mugs.

Joe

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree and don't think one thread is not enough, if the one thread was enough everyone would have refunds now.

Thousands of peoples' hard earned dollars are owed while new helmets and armour are being offered on Facebook to new customers. The more threads the better, the more awareness in the hobby the better, action must be taken, this is internet fraud.

I myself am not owed anything but my friends are being taken for mugs.

Joe

I agree with Joe. I am new to the costuming scene (November 09). I had no idea that people actually screw people over in this hobby. I thought everybody looked out for one another but I guess there is always an exception to the rule. I could have easily been one that happened to contact Matt for armor and got screwed over myself. Luckly I did see one of these threads to avoid him and did just that. I think the more threads you have the more the information is spread out and that way more people will be made aware. I think someone needs to also make a notice on facebook warning people somehow. Just a little 2 cents

Jonathan

It is slightly damaged and came without mic-tips and lenses....i paid for a fully finished helmet. But i'm glad it arrived and hopefully the whole drama has an end now.

Come to an end? Are you joking?

You paid good money for a finished helmet, waited over a year and for what.....a damaged, half finished helmet?

I would ask for either a new helmet (like the one that you paid for) or a partial refund (if you are happy to accept the helmet you have) to make up for the cost of the missing parts and labour to finish it off.

I can't believe Matt is getting away with kind of behavior :blink:

This is the letter I sent to JumipnJax THat I got no reply from. I thought as he was Matt best mate he might pass it on. I now think this might be Matt?

Uh, hi. I will not be replying to anyone demanding that I brace Matt for items not received. I tried with Caleb and got his suit sent, but that was a 90 mile uphill battle; I was f*&@^%#$ exhausted. It is Matt's responsibility and his alone. I won't make excuses for him but am NOT going to take garbage aimed at him either.

Garbage?

All I did was explain my side of the deal and asked as you know Matt, could you mention my concerns about not receiving what I payed for. If you couldn't do it then a simple reply of "I don't want to get involved" would have been fine with me. It's just that it's been so long I'm afraid I'm never going to see my goods.

If you could have helped great, but if not no worries.

Garbage?

All I did was explain my side of the deal and asked as you know Matt, could you mention my concerns about not receiving what I payed for. If you couldn't do it then a simple reply of "I don't want to get involved" would have been fine with me. It's just that it's been so long I'm afraid I'm never going to see my goods.

If you could have helped great, but if not no worries.

I'm sorry that this is going on at all, that it is is clear indication that Matt doesn't listen to me.

Just want to say that once I asked Dan Laws for a refund, he was accomodating enough and got my money back to me. As such, I really have no hard feelings. While I was definitely a little frustrated at times with how the whole run of his new armor may have been handled and how progress was slower than any of us expected (especially poor Rolf), I truly hope it turns out as nice as he plans and can match the quality of his AT-AT and TIE kits that everyone raves about.

I look at it mostly as a cautionary tale of balancing the business and hobby side of these types of efforts. Make sure before you try to scale something as a business that you have enough time to deliver on your customers' expectations. If you have their money, they almost certainly will not look at it as your "hobby" for too long. ;)

Come to an end? Are you joking?

You paid good money for a finished helmet, waited over a year and for what.....a damaged, half finished helmet?

I would ask for either a new helmet (like the one that you paid for) or a partial refund (if you are happy to accept the helmet you have) to make up for the cost of the missing parts and labour to finish it off.

I can't believe Matt is getting away with kind of behavior :blink:

You're right Paul, but honestly i thought that i never would see anything from him, so maybe i was too happy about getting anything :rolleyes: I will wait until the helmet arrives and will make a decision. But i doubt he will send me money or even a new helmet. What are the costs for accurate mic-tips and lenses? He also took too much money for shipping ....50 USD instead of 35 USD. So i could sum up these things and ask for a refund.

Lets keep to the facts about who is owed what and keep the personal attacks at bay. Otherwise the thread is pointless and will be locked.

ok, I'm owed $1750.

All I did is ask a friend of Matts for help as Matt doesn't listen to me. To be honest I'm trying anyone and anything to get Matt to deliver my armor and lids. That's fact.

There are no personal attacks coming from me.

If people can't pull together and help each other then this thread is pointless.

Just want to say that once I asked Dan Laws for a refund, he was accomodating enough and got my money back to me. As such, I really have no hard feelings. While I was definitely a little frustrated at times with how the whole run of his new armor may have been handled and how progress was slower than any of us expected (especially poor Rolf), I truly hope it turns out as nice as he plans and can match the quality of his AT-AT and TIE kits that everyone raves about.

I look at it mostly as a cautionary tale of balancing the business and hobby side of these types of efforts. Make sure before you try to scale something as a business that you have enough time to deliver on your customers' expectations. If you have their money, they almost certainly will not look at it as your "hobby" for too long. ;)

Yep here i´m.

I have know Dan since late 2007, where we talk about he´s new ANH storm/sandtrooper to come out.

I payed him late 2008 for 2 TK 2 TD suits, and the plan was to have them done in the start of 09.

He drop answer emails, so he could work on the molds... and it have been hard getting no updates.

But he have help whit he´s emails now, and i get a reply the same day i write now.

The plan is to have them done before march this year.

I can´t wait to final get them home.

Cheers :)

Is this a fg helmet, looks like the brow trim is painted?

Thats the helmet i got from Matt...fully finished :rolleyes:

IMG_4981.jpg

IMG_4978.jpg

IMG_4980.jpg

IMG_4985-1.jpg

IMG_4988.jpg

The damage just above the trapezoid looks like smeared paint and one the right side (in front of the lid) you can see a paint chip.

Sorry I didn't read all this thread in one sitting but the sfs helmets were made in fg and hdpe.

Weren't the TE ABS helmets that Matt offered in 2008 a sharpened SFS as well?

Yes they were and I had one of those too ha ha.

I didn't realise matt had any more fg lids to offer, but anything is possible. His garage must be visable from outer space by the amount of things found at the back of it :)

His garage must be visable from outer space by the amount of things found at the back of it :)

And not forgeting hes book of excuses ! :D

yes there were two SFS lids first off the fibreglass versions then he moved onto the HDPE with one or two ABS versions in the mix.

Yes they were and I had one of those too ha ha.

I didn't realise matt had any more fg lids to offer, but anything is possible. His garage must be visable from outer space by the amount of things found at the back of it :)

I heard - not 100% sure - that he just softens a helmet he has in the oven, reshapes it and calls it something new. That's where new molds come from. Would be great to get independent confirmation.

I never heard that the SFS was also available in HDPE...only in FG. And if i remember right the SFS FG was by far the most expensive helmet TE offered. I for myself like the rocksolid character of a FG helmet....i also own a Mattiza ROTJ in FG and its a great lid. The TE ABS helmet i own is nice but very thin.