My Tupperware AM Build[*AM]

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great job Robert... I see that you have plasti-dip the inside, your AP bucket looks smashing. :duim:

Great job Robert... I see that you have plasti-dip the inside, your AP bucket looks smashing. :duim:

Ā 

Yep, I used the plasti-dip for the bucket. I didn't want the kidos to see my noggin from underneath. Plus, my friends said it cuts down on the glare while wearing it. I like the way it turned out.

Ā 

Now I need to get pads for the inside of the helmet. I only need pads for the forehead and the sides. I've wear a 7 1/2" hat size so it's pretty tight in there. In fact, when the helmet rests on my head, my eyes are perfectly lined up with the lenses. So, no need for a "crown" pad. If I do, it'll be foam fabric... very thin. That's what I'm leaning towards.

Ā 

I'm thinking Advanced Combat Helmet (ACH) pads for the front and sides. They're velcro-able, and are made to handle sweat. Anyone else have any suggestions? I think it would be too tight to try to install a hard hat helmet liner.

All done! I'm in the process of requesting 501st Membership with my Garrison Membership Liaison (GML). Pictures went out tonight. So here are some pics to ponder if I'll make Expert Infantry Badge Status here on FISD when that time comes...

Ā 

Here are my pics...

P1030627-1.jpg

P1030629-1.jpg

P1030649.jpg

P1030640.jpg

P1030642.jpg

P1030639.jpg

P1030645.jpg

P1030646.jpg

P1030632-1.jpg

P1030650.jpg

P1030652.jpg

P1030656.jpg

Congrats Robert!!! Awesome looking :D:dancing-trooper::dancing-trooper::dancing-trooper::dancing-trooper::dancing-trooper:

Ā 

The one little thing, I see is that your biceps are turning out, I am thinking it's the black shirt that you have on making them do that. You might want to get a sports style shirt that is made with Nylon/elastane like under armor:

Ā 

<a href="http://www.underarmour.com/shop/us/en/mens/gearline/coldgear/compression/pid1000512-Men-s-ColdGear-Longsleeve-Mock/1000512-414" target="_blank">http://www.underarmour.com/shop/us/en/mens...ock/1000512-414</a>

Ā 

You don't have to buy the name brand "Under Armor" just look for something like it that is all black at your local sport store.

Ā 

Here is a recent Poll about Undersuit:

<a href="http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=9425&hl=under+armor" target="_blank">http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?show...;hl=under+armor</a>

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

P1030627-1.jpg

P1030629-1.jpg

P1030649.jpg

P1030640.jpg

Congrats bro! Don't forget to update your profile with your TK number and garrison.

Ā 

Looking forward to seeing those first troop pics!

Ā 

As for changing your FISD status, look here: http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=16

Congrats! I hope to have my AM kit done by next month. Thanks for the great pics, it gives me an idea what the AM kit should look like. I noticed that you had cut off the extra on the butt plate. I thought the same thing but wanted to see what someone else did. Great job on the kit brother!

I cut the butt edges to line up with where the ab piece met up (in my case... overlapped) with the kidney piece. Thanks for the compliments. I'm glad I could help out the future AM kit builders.

fantastic job there Rob,you wear that armour not the other way round.just one very small point i spotted with my beady eye,your belt.It should sit higher,the top of the belt should sit at the bottom of your button box.

Ā 

Like so.

4338101072_e83067a829_o.jpg

Ā 

Some troopers use velcro to hold the belt in position,some like myself go for the snap option.

2900355578_691028a452_o.jpg

Ā 

2899512253_d20c32e63e_o.jpg

Ā 

2899512807_c21a5ddc71_o.jpg

Ā 

Like i said a small detail .Once again super job all round.

Thanks for the tip. I'll have to look into doing that. Although, I fringe when it comes to drilling more holes in my armor. Did you put snaps on both sides?

Ā 

Yep snaps left and right side.

Ā 

Snaps for the brave,velcro for the sensible. :lol: I don`t need to say this but measure twice drill once if you go for snaps.

Thanks Stuka, snaps it is (I'm brave). I had remembered seeing that earlier but I forgot about that little detail. I also removed the 1/8th rivets (pictured) I was using for the canvas belt / ammo belt attachment. I used 3/16th rivets instead. Much wider and secure than the 1/8th rivets.

Ā 

P1030696.jpg

Ā 

Here's how I supported my arm pieces...

P1030704.jpg

How I attached the holster and put together the ammo belt...

P1030702.jpg

P1030703.jpg

Edited by TKittell

You're lookin great, Rob. Congrats on your acceptance into the 501st!

Ā 

I commented on one of your pics in your build. Thanks for the quick reply. I should be building my RT-MOD soon!

Ā 

Post pics of your first troop! Can't wait to see all the fun you'll have!