HIPS Glue

What glue is best for HIPS plastic. I started to use all purpose cement for plastics but it did not bond. it tried to search but i only came up with one type of glue. Is there any glue that i can get a a walmart or something of that nature? Thanks!

E-6000 is the winner according to everyone. I have not been able to locate in my hometown. Possibly called something else in Canada? If any TKs in Canada can help find this stuff please let me know.

Ive tried local Home Depot and Canadian Tire. Goop and Lepage products seem to be the only things handy. Maybe a Plumbing wholesaler? Westburne or Western Supplies?

E-6000 is the winner according to everyone. I have not been able to locate in my hometown. Possibly called something else in Canada? If any TKs in Canada can help find this stuff please let me know.

Ive tried local Home Depot and Canadian Tire. Goop and Lepage products seem to be the only things handy. Maybe a Plumbing wholesaler? Westburne or Western Supplies?

if you run into brick wall and can't find at a local store. Amazon got it cheap!

Well I checked the one spot I should have checked first. Michaels.. Lots there. :) If anyone is totally stuck Id be happy to send some to anyone as a last option.

Sweet. E-6000 Thanks everybody!

The biggest problem with E6000 is the time to dry and be secure (I would wait several hours, maybe up to 24 hours?). If you have something you need done quick, that will not have tons of stress on it - use Zap a Gap CA glue, with Zip Kicker. I have also used the Plastic Welder - it is the most solid stuff ever, dries fast (maybe even too fast), smells terrible.

post-7273-1262831921_thumb.jpg

One advantage of the E6000 is that it has a little rubbery flexibility to it even when completely dry.

Best advice is probably to get a couple glues and use them as needed. I would be too impatient to do everything with E6000, but it would probably turn out very nice.