Hi-ish rez screen shots

stukatrooper

I know we have seen these sorts of pictures 1000 times over (most of us) and have an extensive portfolio of screen caps on our hard drives.Just thought for the few that have not i would grab some reasonable size pics of stormtrooper details.

The trouble i found going through the film and never struck me before doing this,was stormtroopers just seem to run around alot (all the time).They just dont stand still long enough to grab a good shot,or there coming through blaster smoke.

Anyway some we have all seen before some are new hope this starts 2010 off well for us screen junkies.

Hi-ish rez screen grabs

Some examples

4240883718_1f7881d6d9_o.jpg

4240884754_5e8c606637_o.jpg

4240877416_832ab91fed_o.jpg

Enjoy

Thanks for posting these Peter! :D I spotted the knee power pack on the troopers is sometimes curved at the bottom and sometimes just has the corners rounded. :)

Hadn't noticed that before. :)

4240107895_05e9857d2c_o.jpg

The other thing that stands out are the stunt HPDE lids and the hero ABS lids.You can see that the painted stunts do not match the non painted armour very clearly.Also guys grab a role of gaffa tape and go mad.I know on trooper among us who embraces the screen look lock stock and barrel (fireblade) scratched, gaffa taped armour,and i must say it looks fantastic.

Right-Click SAVE,Right-Click SAVE,Right-Click SAVE,Right-Click SAVE, B)

Pete

Top Man for posting these up mate :duim:

....and yerrp. no Imperial stormtrooper worth his salts would leave home without a least

a couple of rolls of good ol' Gaffa tape sitting nicely in their kit bags :D

SreenGrab01-1.jpg.ea1f53ead99e1309b22ffe64c0b1e3a4.jpg

:D

Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021

Great stuff as always Pete thanks for doing this. I think we were only talking the other day about where for me to put some tape, as i wanted to change this year from the bicep ;)

Hey Peter,

Thanks for the high rez grab bag of Stormies. You can never have enough :duim:

Now with the 1080P pics, we will all know where to place the gaffa tape.:lol:

Tom

Wow these are nice , love looking through these because you can see stuff like the tape on the shoulder straps you would never notice watching through the movie. I'm telling you I was simply amazed when some of the screen fanatics here were telling me about details of a TK that never stood out to the normal eye. Thank goodness for the experience in prop building that is available here.

Goodness me, that's the first time i've noticed "Billy-no-Mates", how could they put him into an important shot with semi-finished armour..... I'll have to look at the DVD again... hehe

Peter, never knew FBJ used gaffer tape on his armour..... :D Erm, does he have TK handcuffs too... :D

It’s amazing that after 30 years, I have still not seen anything that beats the amazing design of the stormtroopers and that includes the paint drips and gaffer tape!

It’s going to take Lucasfilm a long time to clean the film to transfer to HD! Maybe that's why they have not done a HD version yet?