Tupperware AM Aromur build[*AM]

Been slowly working on the upper armour this week...cause I am a "bigger" trooper, had to put in a shim at the waist...guess I need to go on that diet to start bringingthe back and abs closer together...LOL

Next few days work on fixing the sliding bicep issues...adjustments, and the belt.....

build14.jpg

build15.jpg

build13.jpg

build16.jpg

I am 6'2", 250ish...unfortunately I have amini keg for a gut. Due to my chrohn's and collitis I am usually healthier at a heavier weight. I could still stand to lose about 30 lbs thoughj which would bring down gut quite a bit. The shims that I put on are glues to the ab, and velcroed to the back, that way as I lose some weight I can just move the vecro on the inside of the back plate.

Hey Will,

Are you doing the Lite AM Kit??

If so, what helmet are you using??

I got the Full Set including the Helmet, which will be the last piece I do. After I see how the whole kit looks together will possible look at getting a second helmet....

A second helmet is a great idea as it:

1) allows you to do variations of a costume, e.g. ANH Stunt vs. ANH Hero vs. ESB

2) it ensures you always have a troopable bucket in case you're ever modifying your primary one

3) As long as your doing one, doing a second at the same time is easier than months later (varies by person)

I'm really looking forward to seeing a set of finished thighs and calfs. (My biggest beef with FX aside from the helmet) The chest plate looks better than the original FX. Your project is coming along nicely.

Thanks for the encouragement.....I have a question about the shins though...doing a TK Commander, aiming for EIB status, game version with it....I glued the front of the shins, but because I have tree trunks needed some room....anyways the base is ROTJ, so do I put the strip on it or not???? I searched nut can't really tell on the ROTJ pics on the Forums......BTW I still need to trim and mold the lower part to make it look cleaner, great fit otherwise...

build18.jpg

build17.jpg

Hey Will, yes you do need to put strip on it.

Keep up the good work man!

Hey Will, yes you do need to put strip on it.

Keep up the good work man!

That's what I figured....did a quick fit of the thigh plates and am thinking that I may have to do a bit of nip and tuck to them as I only have a 32" inseam and they have to ride really high to fit confortable...also I think I am going to trim the back of the shins a bit to make flexing my legs and walking easier as well...will have lots of pics this weekend hopefully...

I think I am going to trim the back of the shins a bit to make flexing my legs and walking easier as well...will have lots of pics this weekend hopefully...

Take a look at some of the screen used pics. You can see where they cut notches in the tops of the back of the shins, and the bottom backs of the thighs to allow for more movement. Only cut a little at a time, test it, and then cut more if you need to. I find that if you cut too much off, you can ruin the look.

Take a look at some of the screen used pics. You can see where they cut notches in the tops of the back of the shins, and the bottom backs of the thighs to allow for more movement. Only cut a little at a time, test it, and then cut more if you need to. I find that if you cut too much off, you can ruin the look.

Indeed, absolutely right - that's what kinda happened on my leg pieces. Now there's too much cut off and it looks a little strange. But hey, I can bend the heck out of my knees! ;)

So be careful when you cut!

Here is the shin and thigh armour, both glued at the front only. The shins will velcro in the back, the thighs will be glued in the back....Also included are the areas that I am thinking of trimming...went through all 3 movies, fastforwarding to troopers...this is the cleanest look I can design....

Thigh...

build23.jpg

Top of the back of shins

build22.jpg

Top of shin trim area

build20.jpg

Bottom of back of the thigh

build24.jpg

Bottom of back of the thigh trim area

build21.jpg

Bottom of shin trim area...for better fit

build19.jpg

How about this fix...adding a small strip over the wide strip???? maybe bondo the edges and feather them into the shins, just reinforcing the front like new, thin the proper size strips over top???

Or....I found this tutorial on the forums, on how to make ABS goo, maybe filling the side with the goo and then adding the proper strip... http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?show...c=2041&st=0

build28.jpg

build29.jpg

Ok here is the plan.....after emailing and getting advise from Deckard, I have decided to do the following. And I will documentment it for future builders so the don't make the same mistakes...

1. Carefully remove, using a super heated exacto knife, the offending strip from the front. This will be done by inserting the knife between the strip an the armour and slowly moving up or down the shin (There will be glue and plastic remaining to be dealt with later.

2. Seperate the two side halves of each calf/shin armour. Cut the excess overlap off, creating two butt ends to be joined.

3. Using a strip of ABS or Sintra on the inside I will join the butt ends on the front creating a seam .

4. Sand the front of the shin starting rough to smooth 80-120-800 grit to remove any remaining glue.

5. Use the ABS goo method to fill in any remaining holes, scratches, etc.

6. Cut and glue the new strip over the new seam.

7. Fix the top (knee area) return of the armour that was damaged in the first attempt. I will have to glue a piecs in and patch with ABS glue.

8. Sand remaining exposed area using a finishing sand paper

9. Buff with the ABS polish

Please feel free to provide comments on this plan, the progess of the repair or any other part of the build....Thanks