Helmet/holster help

Some quick questions that I'd rather ask than not

the tube stripes on the helmet, are they placed so the curve slightly inwards with the tube or straight across, also, where exactly are they placed

Second - I have an ESB style holster and am wondering if it goes on the right/left side, how far does the top of the holster have to be from the belt, and is it ok for there to be no loop (since the loop itse;f is too small for the belt when I got it in the mail.

OH and Happy New Year everybody

Stripes: Straight across. About a pencil's width from the inner part of the helmet. There is a sticky for a TE2 Move Along build where TK4510 shows how he applies tube stripe decals.

ESB Holster: Goes on the right side I believe. Loops are required for EIB but not for 501st membership.

ESB Holster: Goes on the right side I believe. Loops are required for EIB but not for 501st membership.

Yup, on the right. 501st doesn't care either way for placement or mounting: this is just if you want EIB or even if not but want to be more than base 501st OK.

Stripes: Straight across. About a pencil's width from the inner part of the helmet. There is a sticky for a TE2 Move Along build where TK4510 shows how he applies tube stripe decals.

I guess that sort of explains why the original tube stripes on the Master's Replica Helmet weren't acceptable (since they curved outwards in the middle)

also....which thread would that video be in? the TE2 build thread?

FInally...do you guys think it would be a good idea for me to bring the armor with me to Japan while I am there for this upcoming school semester?

Zachg57 said:
and is it ok for there to be no loop (since the loop itse;f is too small for the belt when I got it in the mail.

Zach, since your current setup is more ANH than ESB, you should cut the loops(cut the front side of the loop so you end up with a longer strap, if that makes sense} and mount it from the backside of the belt with 2 rivets (or chicago screws) on your left side leaving about an inch of the strap showing below the belt. If you want ESB and do not want to cut the loops, you would need to repaint the frown on your bucket, get new handplates and mount the holster on the right side.

Here is a thread about holster attachment. Make sure you read each post, as most of the info you need can be found throughout, including pics.

------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Mowskwoz said:
Zach, since your current setup is more ANH than ESB, you should cut the loops(cut the front side of the loop so you end up with a longer strap, if that makes sense} and mount it from the backside of the belt with 2 rivets (or chicago screws) on your left side leaving about an inch of the strap showing below the belt. If you want ESB and do not want to cut the loops, you would need to repaint the frown on your bucket, get new handplates and mount the holster on the right side.

Here is a thread about holster attachment. Make sure you read each post, as most of the info you need can be found throughout, including pics.

-------------

should I paint the rivets white? and should try getting some from the local hardware store....or should I just wait till I get back from Japan and go to the next armor party to get that done?

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

also...(I want to make sure I put the sticker on right)...it's the end of the sticker that is a pencil's width or the stripe itself that's a pencil width? ...I'm terrible with placing stickers so I traced (very lightly so I can erase and then buff out) the width of a pencil onto the tubes themselves for a rough estimate (hopefully I did the right thing in tracing, since I'm gonna use the trace line as my straight line for the stickers)

should I paint the rivets white? and should try getting some from the local hardware store....or should I just wait till I get back from Japan and go to the next armor party to get that done?

The holster rivets do not need to be painted.

The holster rivets do not need to be painted.

I got that portion figured out and found easy access to a drill set (my brother brought one home with him)...all that's left is the tube stripes for the helmet..13 stripes per side, pencil width away from the inside of the helmet, and how far from the chin seam and ear piece?