IMPORTANT! Photo Gallery is Going Away

Army Scout

Update - the Photo Gallery is going away. Please remove all your images and upload them to your own personal site, photobucket account, etc.

We will be removing the gallery by the end of this month.

-----------

Whitearmor.net's user image gallery is available to members. You are allowed to make and upload 501st and Costume images to your album. You may also upload 501st event images.

Please follow these rules when uploading images...

1. 501st related images ONLY!

2. When creating your gallery, user your login names as the album name.

3. See rule #1

The staff at White Armor hopes you enjoy this new feature.

Army Scout

Edited by Daetrin
Updated by Daetrin

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just a quick reminder that the gallery will be removed in a couple days. Please backup those pictures to a hosting service like photobucket, flickr, etc...

• 3 weeks later...

I'm curious, why is the photo gallery going? I can see all my build and tip thread suddenly going picture blank!!! And I really don't see any ways of converting all pictures to new link. Does that mean we're gonna end up with pictures empty threads? You guys planned anything for this?

I'm curious, why is the photo gallery going? I can see all my build and tip thread suddenly going picture blank!!! And I really don't see any ways of converting all pictures to new link. Does that mean we're gonna end up with pictures empty threads? You guys planned anything for this?

With photobucket, and flickr being free there was no point in paying the extra fee to have this option from our host provider. Any image hosted on another site will not be affected, it's just the ones hosted on the FISD site. After looking through the gallery I believe your the most active person using it.

I believe Paul made a backup of the gallery if a member didn't have a copy of their own picture.

Also to update your posts with pictures, you upload the pictures to a hosting service and edit the post inserting the img tag where you want the picture. It's really quite simple.

Thanks for the response Terrell! Yeah, I figured it was a question of paying the extra $$$ and is fully understandable.

Great, I'm the biggest gallery user .. lol .. that doesn't surprise me at all .. man, have I posted pics here or not!!! I'll see what I'll do about all the pics .. I figured it would take me a whole week to go through all my posts and replace the pictures with external links .. argg. Not sure if I'll have the courage to do so!

Cheers.

I will miss the gallery as I really enjoy looking at the pics of how people build, mod and wear their armor etc.

I don't know if this is a good idea or not but do you think it would be possible to have a thread of members listing a link to their photo album with a short description of what that link contains? That way people can can browse all the pics in one simple thread? Just a thought...

I will miss the gallery as I really enjoy looking at the pics of how people build, mod and wear their armor etc.

I don't know if this is a good idea or not but do you think it would be possible to have a thread of members listing a link to their photo album with a short description of what that link contains? That way people can can browse all the pics in one simple thread? Just a thought...

That's the thing, the forum is not going to be photoless. 95+ percent will still be here as they are hosted off site on services like photobucket, flickr, etc...