Daetrin

Early reviews say there's actually a decent movie *and* awesome special fx. Got my tickets for the IMAX 3D with my garrison mates on Friday.

Anyone else anticipating to see this?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hadn't planned on going because I am waiting for the "other" Avatar - Airbender to come out. But it looks like a good movie, and if my friends who are seeing it next weekend like it I just might have to go see it. I've been looking at the games all week at work, so perhaps it might actually be a good movie.

You'll have to post a review here after you see it so we can all hear about it.

Have Fun!

Will go when it gets here!!!!

we finally got a 3-D movie theater down here wooot!!!!!! (actually it is said that till 2010-2011 it is the most advance movie theater in south america.......) double woooot!!!

I haven't been out to the movies since Revenge of the Fallen so I'm looking forward to this one. I might even attend the midnight showing if they have one here in town. The lucky folks that got to see some of Avatar at Comic Con this past summer were "blown away" by what they previewed.

My parents want to see this so it looks like well be going this weekend. I too thought they were talking about Avatar the airbender when I heard Avatar mentioned.

Looks good though.

Just back from seeing Avatar. Totally awesome!

The animation was brilliant. I forgot about it completely. The 3D effects were at times a bit too much, but I'm old, I'm not a fan of heights, and my eyesight isn't that good, so I'll forgive it for that.

I like the movie so much, I'm going back for more. Certainly the best movie IMHO since Lord of the Rings : The Two Towers.

I agree. Very impressive. I had thought that Cameron lost his mind spending so much money on this show, but i see where all that money was spent. Being a 3d artist, I can only begin to imagine how much problem solving was involved in creating this epic. They literally built a living world in a computer.

Caleb

I just saw it! In IMAX. . . . Amazing. Well worth it. The CGI creates a new benchmark for realistic imagery. i respect the Navi people. James Cameron IS Ewya!!!

hey Dan ! Just saw it as well in regular 3D 9:50 pm showing downtown. For me it was near second to the star wars films. Absolute beautiful world, and characters were awesome.

Anti-military? I saw it the other way 'round. It was anti-bad military. The Na'vi were warriors too...

Exactly. I saw it that way too. The human military were all "guns for hire" that were aiding in the take over of the Na'vi home to steal a bunch of gray rocks or whatever, which is selfish and savage. The Na'vi where protecting there land and people. So i viewed it as good vs bad.

Caleb