What is this helmet? Is it good?

DEDEDEJr

http://cgi.ebay.ca/STAR-WARS-Stunt-ANH-STO...#ht_5051wt_1167

You guys can probably identify this in a snap, but I was just curious as to what type of helmet this is? They say it's made of fiberglass.

I probably won't end up getting it, as I'm perfectly happy with my MRCE, but I was just wondering.

It doesn't look like the RT mod I have in my hands.

I always wondered how people can tell what and when something was recast just by one low res pic.

The fact that it is fiberglass however, makes me suspicios of the origins.

I would avoid it as a trooping bucket for a lighter, more durable plastic, be it styrene or ABS.

It doesn't look like the RT mod I have in my hands.

I always wondered how people can tell what and when something was recast just by one low res pic.

The fact that it is fiberglass however, makes me suspicios of the origins.

I would avoid it as a trooping bucket for a lighter, more durable plastic, be it styrene or ABS.

RT did a few revisions of his helmets over the years, this one looks a lot like his originals, which I think the V1 is not even considered accepted for 501st membership anymore? Not sure if its true, but something I had heard along the way.

RT did a few revisions of his helmets over the years, this one looks a lot like his originals, which I think the V1 is not even considered accepted for 501st membership anymore? Not sure if its true, but something I had heard along the way.

I believe Tom is correct by saying its an early RT-Mod recast. One of my garrison mates had bought this helmet to replace his FX and then shortly after replaced it with a more accurate Tray/MC bucket. Here is a pic of us when he had this helmet.Im on the left,(full AP gear), hes on the right..

DSC_0039.jpg

As for it not being 501st accepted, if the FX is still accepted, dont see why this wouldnt be.

Either his V1 or V2 was just not right, it made the F/X look accurate if I recall correctly. Of course as many helmets are out there now I may be thinking of the MARCO...

Yep early rt recast, these have been available for years. The face and ears are the tell areas for me. Go to Jez's site to see pictures of the early RTs, this one was before he recast a TE faceplate iirc

Whatever it is, it looks acceptable to me, though helmets are not accepted without the rest of the costume.

It makes my RT look like a piece of crapola, but then again my RT looks like crapola on its own.

It's too sanitized.. :duimomlaag:

Also it's made by hand laid fiberglass... If someone doesn''t know how to lay fiberglass right, then your prop is going to have big problems like stress cracks.

You also have to worry about if they laid the fiberglass too thin. :unsure: to increase their profit.....

Not to mention if you get a chip in it, you will be patching, sanding, and painting....