Ebay Armor

VeryQueasy

Excerpts from the auction -- with commentary

This unique and original new custom-made replica Stormtrooper costume is a perfect example and screen accurate, also known as the 'Shepperton Cut'.

Known as the Shepperton Cut? I think they meant Shepperton recast...

The Stormtrooper armour itself is made from high quality 2.5mm thick plastic that does not yellow or crack like many copycat kits can. Copycats? <_<

This Stormtrooper armour does NOT require polishing creams, glue guns or any DIY products and is NOT a 'Kit'. Well that's a relief, at least their customers can use that cream on their bum when their costume arrives.

The Replica Stormtrooper Helmet now looks 100% the same as the Stormtrooper in Star Wars 'A New Hope'. For those who know even with the mini eye lip. Yeah if you dont count the incorrectly painted frown, vocoder and the punched in the forehead Shepperton look.

does not compare with others available all over the internet. Now thats an understatement

The fully prepared Stormtrooper costume has been made in the UK with Love, experience and the best materials. No part of this beautiful replica costume has been imported, a true Shepperton replica. No mention of the "True FX Replica" from the neck down? I guess the FX name just doesn't sell as well as Shepperton's....

I think Jedi Robe might want to stick to selling robes....

Excerpts from the auction -- with commentary

This unique and original new custom-made replica Stormtrooper costume is a perfect example and screen accurate, also known as the 'Shepperton Cut'.

Known as the Shepperton Cut? I think they meant Shepperton recast...

The Stormtrooper armour itself is made from high quality 2.5mm thick plastic that does not yellow or crack like many copycat kits can. Copycats? <_<

This Stormtrooper armour does NOT require polishing creams, glue guns or any DIY products and is NOT a 'Kit'. Well that's a relief, at least their customers can use that cream on their bum when their costume arrives.

The Replica Stormtrooper Helmet now looks 100% the same as the Stormtrooper in Star Wars 'A New Hope'. For those who know even with the mini eye lip. Yeah if you dont count the incorrectly painted frown, vocoder and the punched in the forehead Shepperton look.

does not compare with others available all over the internet. Now thats an understatement

The fully prepared Stormtrooper costume has been made in the UK with Love, experience and the best materials. No part of this beautiful replica costume has been imported, a true Shepperton replica. No mention of the "True FX Replica" from the neck down? I guess the FX name just doesn't sell as well as Shepperton's....

I think Jedi Robe might want to stick to selling robes....

And funny how it looks EXACTLY the same as the felgercarb being peddled by Chimera Sales. Bad reputation caused him to use multiple accounts perhaps?

While I agree that the armour is rubbish and vastly over priced , there's no need to sling around wild accusations about sellers.

I know the bloke from Chimera , this is not his armour , infact he isn't even doing armour anymore due to massive personal problems in his life.

The armour is actually from Imperialarmour ( on ebay ) he's based in nottingham and did a deal with this guy at Jedirobes as an outlet for the armour , unfortunatly Jedirobes obviously wants to milk it for all it's worth.

Facts about the armour...

SDS battlespec recast helmet

Recast FX armour

Formed in gloss HIPS

Badly strapped

Thanks

Not another one of theses..... man has his guy become very popular in the evil bay armor searchs.

Ya stay away from ebay or any other site that sells this, get the real stuff direct from the makers avoid the middle men.

Does anyone else hear warning sirens going off when looking at this armor? :huh:

Not another one of theses..... man has his guy become very popular in the evil bay armor searchs.

Ya stay away from ebay or any other site that sells this, get the real stuff direct from the makers avoid the middle men.

Never have truer words been spoken. Buying from someone on FISD is like supporting your local economy. Buy local and you're not only going to have a better buying experience, but better pricing as well as helping out other troopers. I've bought from ebay and it pales in comparison to buying from other home from my "second home". :duim::D

I think the ebay rule isn't always true , couple of weeks ago I bought a TE bumpycap kit off ebay , completely legit , didn't know at the time but it actually came from a very well respected member on here.

So it aint all bad !

I think the ebay rule isn't always true , couple of weeks ago I bought a TE bumpycap kit off ebay , completely legit , didn't know at the time but it actually came from a very well respected member on here.

So it aint all bad !

I never said it was all bad just that I would rather cut out the middle man. ;)

Now if that same helmet from the same person was available here on FISD for the same price, would you still like to use ebay to purchase it? The reason I say stay away from ebay is that they're like using Ticketmaster vs. just buying your tickets at the booth. Sure your chances of getting the seats you want aren't as great, but you're cutting out the middleman and all the fees associated with it. Ebay is more expensive for everyone.

Nice score on the bucket BTW....lets see some pics! :salute:

• 2 weeks later...

I originally bought this set up back in January off ebay (well before I knew that this place (FISD), the UKG and all the other fantastic sites existed) and 'luckily I only paid £380 for mine.

The helmet comes complete but the stripes are in the wrong place on the tube, the lenses aren't great and need replaced and its made up from 3 parts. The face, the dome and the back.

The thighs on my set are definitely NOT FX recasts as they don't have the cut out bit at the back, so I'm not sure where the thighs were recast from, but the shoulders and everything else looks like its FX.

Having now looked into this a lot more and now have a proper set that I've invested in and am very happy with it.

I may use the set and do a Sandy with it...but the only issue there is that the ab buttons are formed on and isnt a seperate panel like the other sets.

BAD, JEDI-ROBE BAD, BAD, BAD, JEDI_ROBE.....

Inaccurate and over priced....