Follano lid.... advice and views

Chaps

Been told this is a follano lid.... i'm thinking on getting my grubby mits on it and wanted to ask what you think... (of the lid that is and not my mits... :D )

-----------

Look at how asymmetrical it is... :D

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Nice bucket, the cap is slightly inaccurate (for 100% movie accurate nuts), but it is a very good lightweight trooping bucket. 100% genuine GF Vers 2. I have owned 2 of these in the past. You could upgrade to Keith's mic tips as an optional extra.

Joe

Yes, the hovi's are shockingly bad on this and I have a set of Keith's tips lying around somewhere...., i just need to know if this bucket is bigger than my AP bucket? And whether i'd troop in it or have it on display is another matter... ;)

Hey Darren, my AP lid is very snug.... lol, I actually have another one too which i'm experimenting with, so that will become my main trooping bucket... eventually...

Hey Doug, (pleasure sharing these pics with the community).... I thought the guys here would appreciate this GF lid....and let's face it, the GF lid is rare and a work of art for some and not for others.... Incidently, one of the UKG guys has a GF lid and has made it into a Sandy.... when I saw it and tried it on, I thought, I want one of those..... let's face it.... it's part of the SW history in one way shape or form (always wanted to say that line.... lol)

I have one like this too...but because of lack of information I had at the time when I built it, I chose to fill up the gaps between the ears and tube-area with putty, and then I repainted the whole thing...

I might deassemble the whole thing and sand it down and do it all right one day.

Btw, I've compared my GF with other helmets, and the GF looks so huge compared to for instance TE-derived stunt helmets. How come? Is it because GF sculpted the hero features over an excisting stunt?

Nice, lets see some nice pics when it arrives with you... stand about 6 feet away and zooooooooooooooom in :)

:D will do boss.....

You realise Mark I blame you for all this lid collecting business.... :lol:

Awesome pic Jerad..... there's some about a GF suit which IMHO which just makes it special...

Whether i'd troop in one or shove it on a display manequinn is another matter... :D

However, i'd sure like to get my mits on a complete suit..... :)

• 1 month later...

As promised, here are the pics of the GF lid.... oh I took the liberty of adding Keith's awesome hovis.... enjoy

---------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Hey Shiv,

Nice looking GF Hero lid....

You need to post some pics with all three buckets AP, SDS and GF together for comparison!

That I would love to see!!!!!!!!

Cheers,

Tom