Hand plates and thighs hassles

Could anyone who does NOT have their handplates permanently affixed to their gloves possibly post a photo detailing how you've attached them to your gloves please. I have a few ideas but would ratehr check here first to see if there are any easier methods.

Also I am after tips (and I mean any tips at all) on how to best keep thighs from slipping down, at this stage of my build I'm trying some webbing attached to the inside of the thigh that runs up to another belt under the armour. It doesn't seem to be working and I find I have to walk like Threepio to even try and keep them up. I've also tried elastic but that was worse than the webbing I found.

Cheers lads. B)

Well my hand plates are E-6000ed to my gloves. But for the thighs I used 2 inch wide elastic and it works great. You get it at fabric stores and have to buy it by the yard.

Good luck.

Also regarding the thighs, for my armour I made a belt suspender system similar to what you mention using webbing material. A set of snaps on the end of straps then connect to my thighs which keep them from falling down.

xasfcKi.jpg

Hope this helps.

:)

Mine is pretty much the same as Scott's also except on the garters I used two snaps on each one. That way if one pops open you've still got one holding it on. Also on my handplates I have a band of elastic around the wrist and another one around the whole palm.

Exactly what I needed to see Scott, thank you so much for your pic of the handplates, and thanks to everyone for all your advice, I have since thought of another way to keep my thighs up, I don't know if it has been thought of already by anyone else, if it works out I'll reveal it here for all to see.

Thanks again all. :)

I too use the garters (although, I like the ones you posted Terry... I might have to upgrade....)

The downfall... it seems to make my hose run more... and I can never get that line on the back of my leg to line up just right... :)