Tk# how did you come up with it?

GosHawk

I tried combinations of my birth date or my kids', but they were all taken. In the end I choose Pareto's rule, e.g. 80/20.

TK/TD/IC-8020

I was lucky and got my birthdate 7/5/73 hence TK7573, did think about using my visa pin number so i wouldnt forget it but couldnt use 21....oh hold on !!! :)

I looked to see what was available and chose 5 random TKIDs. None of them had any meaning to me, there were no birthdays, anniversaries or kids ages... I just wanted a number.

In the end I got 0889, which is fine with me.

I would have preferred not to be able to choose. I think when you get approved, they should issue you with the first available number, like the real military, you shouldn't get a say in what number you want.

Same as Paul, tried all the permutations of meaningful dates I could think of but they were

all taken :( (really wanted 7718 to sort of spell out BILL upside down :D )

Got lucky at the last minute and looked up the time of my daughters birth and came up

trumps with 16.50 and Hey Voila!.....TK-1650 reporting for duty :salute:

:)

As far as I can tell, there is only ONE 3 digit TK # left: --- (*EDIT*) ...

...Please don't take it! :(

*Staff Edit*

Andrew, we're a trustworthy bunch here but I've removed your suggestion in the hope that

you have a better chance of getting the number you'd like ;)

Remember, a secret is only a secret until its told to someone else :)

I was lucky and able to use my Wedding anniversary. Which is perfect because this hobby would not be possible without a loving supportive spouse. Thank you Wife!

Anniversary Date: 6/2/1994 ===>TK6294

and you'll never have an upset wife cuz you'll always remember your anniversary lol. Good idea!

I couldn't get the meaningful numbers I wanted too. So I just used random number generator and picked out twenty available ones. 8700 just happened to be one of them. I like the way it sounded too.

Tee Kay Eight Seven Hundred reporting for duty :salute:

I'm with IM 0889, I was racking my brains at first what to pick, but then I thought it would be cooler if the 501st just issued you a number (as I imagine the Empire would), that way it has it's own meaning. So, when I apply, I'm gonna leave it to my GML to decide.

I did a search of the available numbers left and went with 8993 as there was not many left that had any meaning to me and it just happens that my Honda fireblade is 893cc. So firebladejedi is TK 8993 :)

I´m a old 501st member, i join in year 2000.

Back then there was many of the low numbers, we was only a few hundred as i remember it.

I think it was cool to get a low number, so people could see that you are one of the first one joining the crew.

So i took the # TD-252, because it was a low number, whit a nice sound/ring to it/ easy for people to remember etc ;)

I got another question (hope it still fit, in this topic).

Why are there so many, there don´t use there 501st id #.

I have been a member for 10 years, so the number have grow personal to me.

And a lot of people know me, under that #.

But i have been thinking, about change my name too.

Because i like to get my own aka too, as a name etc...

Plus many of us, and not only a 501st members.

But our own pro prop builder, collectors etc.

Let us here you storry, and why you got your own name too, beside your 501st #.

Peace out :)

I use Daetrin as a online handle as there are numerous Paul's around and it gets too confusing remembering which John, Peter, etc. people are talking about - it's nice to have something unique. My lastname also is kinda dorky, so I didn't want to use that.

Lastly, with multiple costumes it means I have to register with a different display name on each board, e.g. TK-8020, TD-8020, IC-8020, CC-8020, TC-8020 - just became a bother. So having the same name is handy.

Daetrin is a character from one of my favorite books from one of my favorite authors, so I just adopted it.

you mean our user names? Easy, my last name is a long, polish nightmare. Jablonski. I don't think it's hard, but seems alot of people can't pronounce it. So while I was in the army, everyone called me JB. Tack onto that the fact that I was a SGT, and there ya have it. Sgt JB!!