How to get metal blaster past customs.

TKCaleb

I just sold my ROTJ blaster to a member in the UK. The blaster is made out of metal with some resin/plastic parts. I have never sent a blaster prop to anyone in the UK before and I have been told how strict they are. Any advice on getting it past by the UK customs? Any advice will be helpful. Thanks!

Caleb

I agree with spray painting it but I'm not sure there is a watercolor version of spray paint.

Since it also seems to be hit or miss, the best thing may be to just have it painted bright orange and accept that it will take some work to get it back to its original beauty.

Better to have to do some extra work on the receiving end than to not receive it at all.

Mark/Caleb:

I have got several blasters through UK customs to Billy (billhag). The white poster paint is able to be easily washed off with water.

Caleb, if you want I will take receipt of it and send it off to Mark. Ask Billy...I'm a stand up guy!

Plus..read my sig!

Let me know

Mark/Caleb:

I have got several blasters through UK customs to Billy (billhag). The white poster paint is able to be easily washed off with water.

Caleb, if you want I will take receipt of it and send it off to Mark. Ask Billy...I'm a stand up guy!

Plus..read my sig!

Let me know

Hi Matthew,

I'm fine with that if Celeb is. That's a really kind gesture, Thanks! :salute:

I noticed your signature earlier and it did make me laugh. :lol:

Mark.

I think latex would be a real PITA to get out of every nook and cranny. It would get into the barrel, receiver, cocking chamber etc. etc.......

I was thinking a fairly thick coat, maybe 1/4 an inch to 1/2 an inch so it just peels off.

• 2 weeks later...

Caleb

Would u mind up dating us on what u did and what happened? it would be really help ful for us Internationals that are afraid in investing on a nice gun for this very reason.

Gracias

Caleb

Would u mind up dating us on what u did and what happened? it would be really help ful for us Internationals that are afraid in investing on a nice gun for this very reason.

Gracias

Hey there, I sent it off to our buddy Matt in Texas. He will work with the piece so that it can get through customs. I have faith in him, especially since he has done this short of thing before.

I bubble wrapped the sith out of it. It should be quite well protected, if it survives the shipping process that is.

By the way, a jedi mind trick would have been a great idea. ;)

Caleb

• 3 weeks later...

Matt

Wow!, sorry fella, I don't know how I missed this thred :(

Mark, Caleb

I can more then vouch for Matt as being the most stand up guy on this planet,

I would honestly trust this man with my life, and I really do mean that <_<

His word is beyond reproach, FULL STOP B)

Matt

The only problem you may have with this sweet little beast is the metal parts

showing up on the scanners.It maybe touch and go wheather this beauty gets

through, but HEY!, nothing ventured nothing gained :)

Right, for all those out there who would like to have a go for them selfs (and

not pester Matt :angry: ) here's some pic's of an extremely high-tec method

that as worked in the past.....but remember you always do this at your own risk

and you could loose what you are trying to send if the Customs don't like what

they see, so be warned :mellow:

Paint that muthhaa up

......arrh, but wait,....things always look better after a nice hot bath...... :D

P55X5vZ.jpg

AC4Fyhu.jpg

xv1lfig.jpg

hZBHrCp.jpg

u4nP1GP.jpg

Now leave my mate Matt alone, he's got his set of TK armour to finish off.......

....Haven't you Matt? B):D

:)

My ROTJ blaster arrived safe and sound and `i'm chuffed to bits except someone painted it all white! :lol:

Seriously though Matt you did a fantastic job and I highly recommend this method, Mine was even mostly metal and it still got through. I gave it a shower and it looks as good as new.... :)

My ROTJ blaster arrived safe and sound and `i'm chuffed to bits except someone painted it all white! :lol:

Seriously though Matt you did a fantastic job and I highly recommend this method, Mine was even mostly metal and it still got through. I gave it a shower and it looks as good as new.... :)

Glad to hear it it arrived intact. Its a bit on the heavy side, but that's what makes it even more authentic.

Caleb

Glad to hear it it arrived intact. Its a bit on the heavy side, but that's what makes it even more authentic.

Caleb

Celeb,

my other blaster is a Sterling so this is really light in comparison. Great blaster. :smiley-sw013::duim::Laser::dancing-trooper: :dancing-trooper: Who made it?