i want to get the armor!

as some of you may know i think i am finaly going to by my first kit. i think i know where i am going to get it but i just wanted to ask you guys where can you get the cheapest fx kit you can find. i dont want to buy it then realized i payed more than i had to. thanks

There's a guy from the MEPD that was selling them for 350-380 plus shipping/paypal fees, just the armor, no helmet, blaster, holster, undersuit, etc

I am buying mine for 350 with the same stuff not included.

Keep in mind that it's against detachment policy reveal armor sources. This is not a place to ask that question. Your best bet would be to discuss this with your local garrison.

yea im sory about that guys but i do have another question. i might have an opportunity to get someones fiberglass helmet but i heard that fiberglass is to heavy to troop in. do you think i would be able to use it if i was saposed to were it for a while

yea im sory about that guys but i do have another question. i might have an opportunity to get someones fiberglass helmet but i heard that fiberglass is to heavy to troop in. do you think i would be able to use it if i was saposed to were it for a while

no, I don't think so :unsure: it would be very uncomfortable, and heavy...it would really put a downer on your first troop if you can only last 45 minutes in your helmet :unsure:

oh thanks for the info. do you think pvc or styrene(SP???) is goog for trooping/ wil match abs

I have never worked with PVC, but styrene it all depends on who makes it, how well it is molded, and how thick it is...it does have a shelf life, but made properly can last a long time :)

I know the ANH buckets that myself and the other guys in my Garrison have been using are ABS. I myself am still learning all the pros and cons of the different plastics but it seems that ABS is the most popular choice.